Apr 27, 2013, 11:28 PM EST
If the Knicks are going to complete their sweep of the Celtics on Sunday, they’ll have to do it without Sixth Man of the Year J.R. Smith.
Smith was assessed a flagrant two foul (with comes with it an automatic ejection) for his actions at the time, so clearly the league office viewed the play as malicious and intentional if they’re following it up with a suspension.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)