Apr 26, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
For the first couple games of the series against the Clippers, Zach Randolph battled foul trouble in somewhat tightly called games, he had an athletic defender in Blake Griffin on him, then backing up Griffin was a Los Angeles defense that had sagged into the paint and was daring Memphis to win the game with jumpers. It was a rough slog for Randolph.
But in Game 3 Thursday Ze-Bo was back. He knocked down shots — 27 points on 18 shots. He was a beast on the boards — 11 rebounds, six on the offensive glass. And it’s not a coincidence that the Grizzlies won handily.
Which sets up an interesting Game 4. Randolph has become the barometer for the Grizzlies — can the Clippers contain him. Or are we going to see the full Ze-Bo again.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18