Apr 26, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
For the first couple games of the series against the Clippers, Zach Randolph battled foul trouble in somewhat tightly called games, he had an athletic defender in Blake Griffin on him, then backing up Griffin was a Los Angeles defense that had sagged into the paint and was daring Memphis to win the game with jumpers. It was a rough slog for Randolph.
But in Game 3 Thursday Ze-Bo was back. He knocked down shots — 27 points on 18 shots. He was a beast on the boards — 11 rebounds, six on the offensive glass. And it’s not a coincidence that the Grizzlies won handily.
Which sets up an interesting Game 4. Randolph has become the barometer for the Grizzlies — can the Clippers contain him. Or are we going to see the full Ze-Bo again.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 21
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64