Apr 26, 2013, 10:51 AM EST
For the first couple games of the series against the Clippers, Zach Randolph battled foul trouble in somewhat tightly called games, he had an athletic defender in Blake Griffin on him, then backing up Griffin was a Los Angeles defense that had sagged into the paint and was daring Memphis to win the game with jumpers. It was a rough slog for Randolph.
But in Game 3 Thursday Ze-Bo was back. He knocked down shots — 27 points on 18 shots. He was a beast on the boards — 11 rebounds, six on the offensive glass. And it’s not a coincidence that the Grizzlies won handily.
Which sets up an interesting Game 4. Randolph has become the barometer for the Grizzlies — can the Clippers contain him. Or are we going to see the full Ze-Bo again.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20