Apr 26, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
For the first couple games of the series against the Clippers, Zach Randolph battled foul trouble in somewhat tightly called games, he had an athletic defender in Blake Griffin on him, then backing up Griffin was a Los Angeles defense that had sagged into the paint and was daring Memphis to win the game with jumpers. It was a rough slog for Randolph.
But in Game 3 Thursday Ze-Bo was back. He knocked down shots — 27 points on 18 shots. He was a beast on the boards — 11 rebounds, six on the offensive glass. And it’s not a coincidence that the Grizzlies won handily.
Which sets up an interesting Game 4. Randolph has become the barometer for the Grizzlies — can the Clippers contain him. Or are we going to see the full Ze-Bo again.
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 0
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 7
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 35
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6