Apr 26, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
For the first couple games of the series against the Clippers, Zach Randolph battled foul trouble in somewhat tightly called games, he had an athletic defender in Blake Griffin on him, then backing up Griffin was a Los Angeles defense that had sagged into the paint and was daring Memphis to win the game with jumpers. It was a rough slog for Randolph.
But in Game 3 Thursday Ze-Bo was back. He knocked down shots — 27 points on 18 shots. He was a beast on the boards — 11 rebounds, six on the offensive glass. And it’s not a coincidence that the Grizzlies won handily.
Which sets up an interesting Game 4. Randolph has become the barometer for the Grizzlies — can the Clippers contain him. Or are we going to see the full Ze-Bo again.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49