Apr 26, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
Stephen Curry returned to the game after spraining his ankle, helping to lead his Warriors to a win over the Nuggets that evened the series at one game a piece.
Right after the injury he was seen on the bench using a giant rubber band to keep his ankle loose enough for him to be able to play and that plus the adrenaline got him back into the game.
In the two days since that contest, however, Curry’s ankle isn’t doing as great. In fact, if the game was yesterday he likely wouldn’t have played. As for tonight’s game 3, well, he may not play in that game either:
I bet Curry plays. He’s sprained his ankle other times this season and made an effort to come back to play even if he’s not 100%. The fact that this is a playoff game with the Warriors having a chance to take a series lead, makes it an almost certainty. This game is too important and with the home crowd and other teammates to rely on, he’ll likely gut it out.
Of course, there’s still a chance he sits out. And, if that’s the case, the Warriors will need to make another lineup tweak, likely turning to Draymond Green or Carl Landry in Curry’s place. Remember, Jarrett Jack already started for David Lee in game 2, so starting Green or Landry could be viewed through the prism of that injury rather than them replacing Curry.
That said, I expect Curry to be in the lineup when the ball tips this evening. We’ll just have to wait until closer to game time to know for sure.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15