Apr 26, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
Stephen Curry returned to the game after spraining his ankle, helping to lead his Warriors to a win over the Nuggets that evened the series at one game a piece.
Right after the injury he was seen on the bench using a giant rubber band to keep his ankle loose enough for him to be able to play and that plus the adrenaline got him back into the game.
In the two days since that contest, however, Curry’s ankle isn’t doing as great. In fact, if the game was yesterday he likely wouldn’t have played. As for tonight’s game 3, well, he may not play in that game either:
I bet Curry plays. He’s sprained his ankle other times this season and made an effort to come back to play even if he’s not 100%. The fact that this is a playoff game with the Warriors having a chance to take a series lead, makes it an almost certainty. This game is too important and with the home crowd and other teammates to rely on, he’ll likely gut it out.
Of course, there’s still a chance he sits out. And, if that’s the case, the Warriors will need to make another lineup tweak, likely turning to Draymond Green or Carl Landry in Curry’s place. Remember, Jarrett Jack already started for David Lee in game 2, so starting Green or Landry could be viewed through the prism of that injury rather than them replacing Curry.
That said, I expect Curry to be in the lineup when the ball tips this evening. We’ll just have to wait until closer to game time to know for sure.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50