Apr 26, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Lakers trainer Gary Vitti is going to need more than a room off the side of the locker room, he needs his own wing.
To add to the injuries expected to keep the top four Lakers out of a crucial Game 3 Friday night, Metta World Peace had his knee drained on Thursday. Teams try to keep this stuff secret (as if it provides some big advantage) but World Peace tweeted out the news himself complete with a photo. Because he’s World Peace.
A Baker’s cyst is a fluid filled cyst on the back of the knee that puts pressure on the joint, restricts motion and causes pain.
World Peace should move a lot more freely because — look at that photo, that is a whole lot of fluid.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23