Apr 25, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
Ray Allen, who already passed Reggie Miller to become the all-time regular season three-point leader, passed Miller for the playoff record with that three. That was Allen’s 321st three pointer in the post season.
With Miami, Allen is just deadly on the corner three — he shot 45 percent from the corners this season. He gets good looks from there because teams are drawn to stopping LeBron James and he gets a kick-out, or in this case the Heat just do such a great job with ball movement that eventually the Bucks defense breaks down. And while Allen isn’t the all-around player he was back in his Seattle days, he still has as pretty a stroke as there is in the game. Allen led the Heat with 23 points.
I expect this record to stand until Stephen Curry passes it.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 10
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14