Apr 25, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
Ray Allen, who already passed Reggie Miller to become the all-time regular season three-point leader, passed Miller for the playoff record with that three. That was Allen’s 321st three pointer in the post season.
With Miami, Allen is just deadly on the corner three — he shot 45 percent from the corners this season. He gets good looks from there because teams are drawn to stopping LeBron James and he gets a kick-out, or in this case the Heat just do such a great job with ball movement that eventually the Bucks defense breaks down. And while Allen isn’t the all-around player he was back in his Seattle days, he still has as pretty a stroke as there is in the game. Allen led the Heat with 23 points.
I expect this record to stand until Stephen Curry passes it.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33