Apr 25, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
Ray Allen, who already passed Reggie Miller to become the all-time regular season three-point leader, passed Miller for the playoff record with that three. That was Allen’s 321st three pointer in the post season.
With Miami, Allen is just deadly on the corner three — he shot 45 percent from the corners this season. He gets good looks from there because teams are drawn to stopping LeBron James and he gets a kick-out, or in this case the Heat just do such a great job with ball movement that eventually the Bucks defense breaks down. And while Allen isn’t the all-around player he was back in his Seattle days, he still has as pretty a stroke as there is in the game. Allen led the Heat with 23 points.
I expect this record to stand until Stephen Curry passes it.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 46
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31