Apr 25, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
Ray Allen, who already passed Reggie Miller to become the all-time regular season three-point leader, passed Miller for the playoff record with that three. That was Allen’s 321st three pointer in the post season.
With Miami, Allen is just deadly on the corner three — he shot 45 percent from the corners this season. He gets good looks from there because teams are drawn to stopping LeBron James and he gets a kick-out, or in this case the Heat just do such a great job with ball movement that eventually the Bucks defense breaks down. And while Allen isn’t the all-around player he was back in his Seattle days, he still has as pretty a stroke as there is in the game. Allen led the Heat with 23 points.
I expect this record to stand until Stephen Curry passes it.
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 15
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 28
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4