Apr 24, 2013, 6:13 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Consider this the playoff injury update edition (with a few other things thrown in as a bonus).
• The Nets Joe Johnson missed practice Wednesday with a case of plantar fasciitis in his left foot and is a game-time decision for Thursday night.
• By the way, Doc Rivers didn’t like those foul calls on Garnett in Game 2. Shocking.
• Rip Hamilton seems to be out of the Bulls plans and out of the rotation.
• Whichever coach losses in the Grizzlies vs. Clippers series — Los Angeles’ Vinny Del Negro or Memphis’ Lionel Hollins — could be looking for a job this summer.
“It’s a great award to receive, great recognition, great accomplishment for him and I’m just very proud of what he’s been able to do and what he’s become as a player and a person,” Pau said. “I’m a proud big brother.
“He gets it done on both ends of the floor. He’s a great anchor for their team. On the defensive end, he gets a lot of deflections, a lot of steals, gets blocks. He makes critical defensive plays and helps them be the defensive team that they are.”
• People in the Sacramento Kings marketing and business arms have been told by the league to prepare for next season in Sacramento. What does that mean? That the league is being practical because this is a close call. Read into it what you want, I could spin this argument either way on a bigger picture meaning. The NBA’s sale and relocation committees will meet soon and what they recommend could swing this vote by the owners.
• The guys in charge of the new Sacramento Kings arena — to be built if they get to keep the team — released drawings of what the arena will look like.
• Russell Westbrook is the focus of the NBA’s newest ad for the playoffs.
Marreese Speights on Kendrick Perkins: ‘He thinks he’s a tough guy, but at the end of the day, his game is terrible’
Nov 25, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Thunder center doesn’t take criticism without dishing some of his own
Nov 25, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
I’m impressed… and a little jealous.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:59 PM EST
This has been an issue throughout his career.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
He will be back before the trade deadline, not that he’s that easy to move.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Anthony was forced out of Monday’s game against the Rockets with back spasms.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Pierce loves his fans — especially those from his days with the Celtics.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Can you blame him?
Nov 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Steve Nash also posts a message.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
As a first-year NBA head coach, Blatt will face plenty of scrutiny as Cleveland underachieves.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Lopez was benched for the entire fourth quarter in the team’s latest loss.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Stoudemire gets creative in taking a shot at the officiating.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:40 AM EST
Nov 25, 2014, 9:05 AM EST
Dallas gives up 111 points to a team playing without Roy Hibbert.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:35 AM EST
Not knowing about it and it not being about the Suns retaining Goran are two different things.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Harden has played better defense this season, but check out this play.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:16 AM EST
Another “beautiful” bit of defense by James Harden.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:05 AM EST
Really, DeAndre Jordan trips CP3.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Anthony didn’t speak to the media after the game.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Scott Brooks says Durant and Westbrook have returned to practice.
Nov 24, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
The Raptors pulled out the win against the Suns.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 13
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 21
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 19