Apr 24, 2013, 6:13 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Consider this the playoff injury update edition (with a few other things thrown in as a bonus).
• The Nets Joe Johnson missed practice Wednesday with a case of plantar fasciitis in his left foot and is a game-time decision for Thursday night.
• By the way, Doc Rivers didn’t like those foul calls on Garnett in Game 2. Shocking.
• Rip Hamilton seems to be out of the Bulls plans and out of the rotation.
• Whichever coach losses in the Grizzlies vs. Clippers series — Los Angeles’ Vinny Del Negro or Memphis’ Lionel Hollins — could be looking for a job this summer.
“It’s a great award to receive, great recognition, great accomplishment for him and I’m just very proud of what he’s been able to do and what he’s become as a player and a person,” Pau said. “I’m a proud big brother.
“He gets it done on both ends of the floor. He’s a great anchor for their team. On the defensive end, he gets a lot of deflections, a lot of steals, gets blocks. He makes critical defensive plays and helps them be the defensive team that they are.”
• People in the Sacramento Kings marketing and business arms have been told by the league to prepare for next season in Sacramento. What does that mean? That the league is being practical because this is a close call. Read into it what you want, I could spin this argument either way on a bigger picture meaning. The NBA’s sale and relocation committees will meet soon and what they recommend could swing this vote by the owners.
• The guys in charge of the new Sacramento Kings arena — to be built if they get to keep the team — released drawings of what the arena will look like.
• Russell Westbrook is the focus of the NBA’s newest ad for the playoffs.
Apr 1, 2015, 5:33 PM EDT
He had only played in one of the last dozen Heat games.
Apr 1, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Seen at Summer League he was project, we’ll see how far along he has come.
Apr 1, 2015, 4:21 PM EDT
Curry is going to win this award. More than that, he’s earned it.
Apr 1, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Anderson has missed the last 18 games due to injury, and New Orleans is trying to catch OKC for the final playoff spot in the West.
Apr 1, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
A 16th during the regular season would mean a one-game suspension.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:50 PM EDT
Stephenson didn’t play in his team’s last game as a result of the coach’s decision.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:10 PM EDT
Not as devastating as the one that’s made the rounds, but deadly nonetheless.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
We know it’s LeBron’s world in Cleveland, but this makes Blatt look a bit silly.
Apr 1, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
This isn’t the first time one of the Clippers has publicly pointed out the obvious.
Apr 1, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
The rivalry continues.
Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC
Apr 1, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Durant will be an unrestricted free agent after next season.
Apr 1, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
The Internet went nuts with memes of Paul falling down, and he got in on the fun himself.
Apr 1, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
Apr 1, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Hollins believes what he believes, evidence to the contrary be damned.
Apr 1, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He was the reason the Clippers were close to the Warriors.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:34 AM EDT
We may have to watch the Nets in the playoffs. Lord help us all.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:50 AM EDT
Curry just dropped the best defensive point guard in the NBA.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The deer is angrier
Mar 31, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Curry and Harden seem to be the frontrunners.
Mar 31, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
“Not what I envisioned coming into this season. But I’m here and ready to conquer this journey.” —Kevin Durant
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 11
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7