Apr 24, 2013, 6:13 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Consider this the playoff injury update edition (with a few other things thrown in as a bonus).
• The Nets Joe Johnson missed practice Wednesday with a case of plantar fasciitis in his left foot and is a game-time decision for Thursday night.
• By the way, Doc Rivers didn’t like those foul calls on Garnett in Game 2. Shocking.
• Rip Hamilton seems to be out of the Bulls plans and out of the rotation.
• Whichever coach losses in the Grizzlies vs. Clippers series — Los Angeles’ Vinny Del Negro or Memphis’ Lionel Hollins — could be looking for a job this summer.
“It’s a great award to receive, great recognition, great accomplishment for him and I’m just very proud of what he’s been able to do and what he’s become as a player and a person,” Pau said. “I’m a proud big brother.
“He gets it done on both ends of the floor. He’s a great anchor for their team. On the defensive end, he gets a lot of deflections, a lot of steals, gets blocks. He makes critical defensive plays and helps them be the defensive team that they are.”
• People in the Sacramento Kings marketing and business arms have been told by the league to prepare for next season in Sacramento. What does that mean? That the league is being practical because this is a close call. Read into it what you want, I could spin this argument either way on a bigger picture meaning. The NBA’s sale and relocation committees will meet soon and what they recommend could swing this vote by the owners.
• The guys in charge of the new Sacramento Kings arena — to be built if they get to keep the team — released drawings of what the arena will look like.
• Russell Westbrook is the focus of the NBA’s newest ad for the playoffs.
May 22, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Ruled a flagrant, which was probably the correct call under the circumstances.
May 22, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
GM Mitch Kupchak: “It looks as though we’ll use our pick this year.”
May 22, 2015, 7:38 PM EDT
Irving is dealing with a knee injury.
May 22, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Explaining Stephen Curry’s game is just not that easy.
May 22, 2015, 6:49 PM EDT
Did they disagree? Sure. Was there a rift… depends on who you ask.
May 22, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Even an older NBA player has mad skills.
PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too
May 22, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
It might help Thompson’s offense, too.
May 22, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Summer League is a perfect place for giving White another look.
May 22, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Give some credit to Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, who got back on defense.
Report: Lakers have ‘big-time’ interest in signing DeMarre Carroll, Celtics and Pistons also in pursuit
May 22, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Would they pay him the $15 million per season one NBA executive estimated the Hawks forward could get in free agency?
Report: Tom Thibodeau believed to prefer sitting out next season rather than helping Bulls by accepting trade
May 22, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
That could leave Magic, Pelicans, Bulls and Thibodeau in a bind
May 22, 2015, 1:28 PM EDT
Which probably means it’s his last in the NBA
Chandler Parsons won’t say whether his surgery was microfracture, might not be ready for training camp
May 22, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Tea leaves reading negative for Mavericks
May 22, 2015, 12:13 PM EDT
LeBron James poised for a big game
Report: Lakers not locked into drafting Karl-Anthony Towns or Jahlil Okafor, could pick a guard at No. 2
May 22, 2015, 11:38 AM EDT
That’d be D’Angelo Russell or Emmanuel Mudiay
May 22, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Consider it Riley’s revenge
May 22, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
Is his injury more serious than previously thought?
May 22, 2015, 9:48 AM EDT
May 22, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
Cavaliers will keep leaning on injured point guard – at least to some degree – anyway
May 22, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
Barnes all but begged for the chance for a couple years.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 3
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7