Apr 24, 2013, 6:13 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Consider this the playoff injury update edition (with a few other things thrown in as a bonus).
• The Nets Joe Johnson missed practice Wednesday with a case of plantar fasciitis in his left foot and is a game-time decision for Thursday night.
• By the way, Doc Rivers didn’t like those foul calls on Garnett in Game 2. Shocking.
• Rip Hamilton seems to be out of the Bulls plans and out of the rotation.
• Whichever coach losses in the Grizzlies vs. Clippers series — Los Angeles’ Vinny Del Negro or Memphis’ Lionel Hollins — could be looking for a job this summer.
“It’s a great award to receive, great recognition, great accomplishment for him and I’m just very proud of what he’s been able to do and what he’s become as a player and a person,” Pau said. “I’m a proud big brother.
“He gets it done on both ends of the floor. He’s a great anchor for their team. On the defensive end, he gets a lot of deflections, a lot of steals, gets blocks. He makes critical defensive plays and helps them be the defensive team that they are.”
• People in the Sacramento Kings marketing and business arms have been told by the league to prepare for next season in Sacramento. What does that mean? That the league is being practical because this is a close call. Read into it what you want, I could spin this argument either way on a bigger picture meaning. The NBA’s sale and relocation committees will meet soon and what they recommend could swing this vote by the owners.
• The guys in charge of the new Sacramento Kings arena — to be built if they get to keep the team — released drawings of what the arena will look like.
• Russell Westbrook is the focus of the NBA’s newest ad for the playoffs.
Mar 4, 2015, 2:55 AM EST
Denver wins for its new coach.
Mar 4, 2015, 1:55 AM EST
Hawks fans booed Smith every time he touched the ball.
Mar 4, 2015, 12:15 AM EST
Tony Snell is not THAT good at getting open
Mar 3, 2015, 11:33 PM EST
Smith can’t stop shooting 3s, though, and you know how that ends
Mar 3, 2015, 10:50 PM EST
It was only a matter of time
Mar 3, 2015, 10:08 PM EST
Will he stay with Mavericks?
Mar 3, 2015, 9:08 PM EST
Denver should reciprocate
Mar 3, 2015, 8:08 PM EST
Boston reportedly also plans to try for Marc Gasol, Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler
Mar 3, 2015, 7:20 PM EST
They say this was a one-time incident.
Mar 3, 2015, 6:34 PM EST
Yesterday’s Heat-Suns game got physical
Mar 3, 2015, 5:50 PM EST
The list for him is much longer than just two teams. Much longer.
Mar 3, 2015, 5:08 PM EST
What kind of team are they trying to build.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:04 PM EST
The Kings retired his No. 21 jersey.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:55 PM EST
Irving has missed two straight games with a shoulder strain.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EST
Shaw was an assistant coach in Indiana before landing the head coaching spot in Denver.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
Good news for OKC.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:38 PM EST
Nuggets are 20-39 this season.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
Barnes isn’t wrong that the punishment for him doing something like this would have been much more severe.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Clippers have a reputation with the referees, which likely was why Redick was tossed for seemingly innocuous comments.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:10 AM EST
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7