Apr 24, 2013, 6:13 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Consider this the playoff injury update edition (with a few other things thrown in as a bonus).
• The Nets Joe Johnson missed practice Wednesday with a case of plantar fasciitis in his left foot and is a game-time decision for Thursday night.
• By the way, Doc Rivers didn’t like those foul calls on Garnett in Game 2. Shocking.
• Rip Hamilton seems to be out of the Bulls plans and out of the rotation.
• Whichever coach losses in the Grizzlies vs. Clippers series — Los Angeles’ Vinny Del Negro or Memphis’ Lionel Hollins — could be looking for a job this summer.
“It’s a great award to receive, great recognition, great accomplishment for him and I’m just very proud of what he’s been able to do and what he’s become as a player and a person,” Pau said. “I’m a proud big brother.
“He gets it done on both ends of the floor. He’s a great anchor for their team. On the defensive end, he gets a lot of deflections, a lot of steals, gets blocks. He makes critical defensive plays and helps them be the defensive team that they are.”
• People in the Sacramento Kings marketing and business arms have been told by the league to prepare for next season in Sacramento. What does that mean? That the league is being practical because this is a close call. Read into it what you want, I could spin this argument either way on a bigger picture meaning. The NBA’s sale and relocation committees will meet soon and what they recommend could swing this vote by the owners.
• The guys in charge of the new Sacramento Kings arena — to be built if they get to keep the team — released drawings of what the arena will look like.
• Russell Westbrook is the focus of the NBA’s newest ad for the playoffs.
Jul 23, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
As Cavaliers position themselves for Kevin Love trade, now was the time to sign No. 33 pick
Jul 23, 2014, 12:00 AM EDT
Bzdelik, who most recently coached Wake Forest, previously served as Nuggets head coach
Jul 22, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Bieber wearing a Nets hat, so you know what that means…
Jul 22, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Donald’s lawyer says ruling might not come for years
Jul 22, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Devin Harris 2.0?
Jul 22, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Brooklyn reaches regular-season roster limit of 15 players
Jul 22, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
Utah reportedly trades John Lucas III, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy to Cleveland for Carrick Felix, second-round pick and $1 million
Jul 22, 2014, 6:53 PM EDT
Sterling will be removed as Clippers owner one way or another because he is toxic to the organization right now.
Jul 22, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
He’s going to get some of Paul Pierce’s minutes.
Jul 22, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Adam Silver does the classy thing. Again.
Jul 22, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Evan Turner is now a reclamation project — if he wants to get paid he has to become more efficient.
Jul 22, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
It means the Timberwolves want to send Kevin Martin out in the Love deal, Cavs trying to make that happen.
Jul 22, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Once signed, he can’t be traded for 30 days … to the Timberwolves, for example.
Jul 22, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler would reportedly be sent to Minnesota.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Blake Griffin, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard and Damian Liillard among players who would face fines if they participated in a planned exhibition in Manila.
High school standout Emmanuel Mudiay skips college for China payday. You’ll see more of this if age limit goes up.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
If the age limit jumps to 20 more players will choose getting paid over college.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Wizards take a more subtle approach than some of the others we’ve seen.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Rookies Doug McDermott and Marcus Smart make the cut to train with the National Team in Vegas.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Vujacic is known for his time with the Lakers, and hasn’t played meaningful minutes since 2011.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
Kings go nuts after winning Summer League championship.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16