Apr 24, 2013, 6:13 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Consider this the playoff injury update edition (with a few other things thrown in as a bonus).
• The Nets Joe Johnson missed practice Wednesday with a case of plantar fasciitis in his left foot and is a game-time decision for Thursday night.
• By the way, Doc Rivers didn’t like those foul calls on Garnett in Game 2. Shocking.
• Rip Hamilton seems to be out of the Bulls plans and out of the rotation.
• Whichever coach losses in the Grizzlies vs. Clippers series — Los Angeles’ Vinny Del Negro or Memphis’ Lionel Hollins — could be looking for a job this summer.
“It’s a great award to receive, great recognition, great accomplishment for him and I’m just very proud of what he’s been able to do and what he’s become as a player and a person,” Pau said. “I’m a proud big brother.
“He gets it done on both ends of the floor. He’s a great anchor for their team. On the defensive end, he gets a lot of deflections, a lot of steals, gets blocks. He makes critical defensive plays and helps them be the defensive team that they are.”
• People in the Sacramento Kings marketing and business arms have been told by the league to prepare for next season in Sacramento. What does that mean? That the league is being practical because this is a close call. Read into it what you want, I could spin this argument either way on a bigger picture meaning. The NBA’s sale and relocation committees will meet soon and what they recommend could swing this vote by the owners.
• The guys in charge of the new Sacramento Kings arena — to be built if they get to keep the team — released drawings of what the arena will look like.
• Russell Westbrook is the focus of the NBA’s newest ad for the playoffs.
Sep 23, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Memphis is the latest team to try to salvage the former second overall pick in the 2008 draft.
Sep 23, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Not bad, but very Hawks-like.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose among the more intriguing names on the list.
Sep 23, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
What is Ricky Rubio worth on the open market.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
It’s a play off what Seattle and Denver have done before.
Sep 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Danny Ainge has done a good job with keeping his options open.
Sep 23, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Adam Silver also says league isn’t looking into owners’ pasts
Sep 23, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Pierce signed for mid-level exception with Wizards
Sep 23, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
James reportedly received guaranteed contract
Sep 23, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Not a lot of people will see the building from above, and it’s early in the process, but…. that’s not pretty.
Sep 23, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
The many times Toronto and Kyle Lowry could have blown it with each other
Sep 23, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
He’s already the best midrange shooter in the game.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Heat guard getting style from fictional Miami serial killer
Sep 23, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Pacers ready for season without Paul George, Lance Stephenson
Sep 23, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Lamb, after playing for Bucks and Magic, likely to fall out of NBA following training camp
Sep 23, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Reed, previously a member of Kings and Grizzlies, in line to compete for roster spot
Sep 23, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
He’s better than Charles Barkley already at this.
NBA’s rookie transition program presents information in a compelling way in order to promote real discussion
Sep 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Initially uncomfortable information is presented in order to create a dialogue on real-life scenarios, which helps prepare rookies for their initial steps into the NBA life.
Sep 23, 2014, 2:25 AM EDT
Monday tipped-off a series of NBA Cares and charitable events around the New York area tied to the All-Star Game.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14