Apr 24, 2013, 6:13 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Consider this the playoff injury update edition (with a few other things thrown in as a bonus).
• The Nets Joe Johnson missed practice Wednesday with a case of plantar fasciitis in his left foot and is a game-time decision for Thursday night.
• By the way, Doc Rivers didn’t like those foul calls on Garnett in Game 2. Shocking.
• Rip Hamilton seems to be out of the Bulls plans and out of the rotation.
• Whichever coach losses in the Grizzlies vs. Clippers series — Los Angeles’ Vinny Del Negro or Memphis’ Lionel Hollins — could be looking for a job this summer.
“It’s a great award to receive, great recognition, great accomplishment for him and I’m just very proud of what he’s been able to do and what he’s become as a player and a person,” Pau said. “I’m a proud big brother.
“He gets it done on both ends of the floor. He’s a great anchor for their team. On the defensive end, he gets a lot of deflections, a lot of steals, gets blocks. He makes critical defensive plays and helps them be the defensive team that they are.”
• People in the Sacramento Kings marketing and business arms have been told by the league to prepare for next season in Sacramento. What does that mean? That the league is being practical because this is a close call. Read into it what you want, I could spin this argument either way on a bigger picture meaning. The NBA’s sale and relocation committees will meet soon and what they recommend could swing this vote by the owners.
• The guys in charge of the new Sacramento Kings arena — to be built if they get to keep the team — released drawings of what the arena will look like.
• Russell Westbrook is the focus of the NBA’s newest ad for the playoffs.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
The point guards made this blowout more fun to watch.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
I don’t see what could possibly go wrong here.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Milwaukee’s trade with Clippers cleared a roster spot
Aug 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Aug 26, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Former Cavaliers center, 39, has been retired three years
Aug 26, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Glen Taylor also questions whether Cleveland should offer Love five-year contract
Aug 26, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Murry receives $250,000 guarantee
Aug 26, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Derrick Rose struggles off the bench against Slovenia
Aug 26, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
Oklahoma City will create trade exception, and Philadelphia will waive Thabeet
Aug 26, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Kevin Love: ‘My decision’ swayed by LeBron James calling just after choosing Cavaliers in free agency
Aug 26, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Number of camera positions behind baseline to be halved
Aug 26, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
Clippers limit their present and future, and the Bucks gain an easy asset
Aug 26, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Cleveland not offering assets as of yet, so Denver’s not biting.
Aug 26, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
Career three-pointers made is the only category where this statement begins to make any sense.
Aug 26, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Spurs, Bulls, Thunder next on the list.
Aug 26, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Brother of the Bucks’ Giannis turned down a more lucrative offer to play overseas.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Well, she looks better shooting free throws than he does anyway.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Turner wants to keep its NBA rights, and with negotiations looming, the company has planned layoffs in order to have the necessary cash on hand.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Utah also adds Dee Bost, Jack Cooley and Brock Motum
Aug 26, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
The octopus wanted to opt out of Minnesota, too, but has fewer free agent options.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20