Jeremy Lin questionable for Game 3 against Thunder after sitting second half of Game 2 with chest injury
Apr 24, 2013, 11:31 PM EDT
The Rockets battled back from a 15-point fourth quarter deficit before eventually dropping Game 2 to the Thunder, and they did so without one of their most important players.
Jeremy Lin played 20 first half minutes on Wednesday, but the pain in his chest was too much to bear to return to play in the third quarter, and he retreated to the locker room just before play was set to resume.
Lin missed all of the second half with what the team called a chest contusion, and his status is uncertain for Game 3 in Houston on Saturday.
X-rays were negative and he is hopeful that he could return on Saturday for Game 3 against the Oklahoma City Thunder, but as with his played return on Wednesday, he knew it was too soon to say.
“This is easily the most frustrating thing that’s happened this entire season,” Lin said. “I’ve been healthy all season. The second half of a playoff game, on the road, we’re playing well, Game 2, it’s just … yeah, it speaks for itself.
“It was fine as I was sitting here at halftime. I tried to run out of the tunnel and couldn’t really run. When I did, it would go crazy. We’re supposed to just see what happens tomorrow, how it feels tomorrow. As long as stuff stops spasm-ing, I’m good. I don’t know how any of this stuff works.”
The Rockets got a solid performance from first year guard Patrick Beverley in Game 2, who played alongside Lin and James Harden in the starting lineup. But without Lin in the second half, Aaron Brooks got the call when Beverley was forced to the bench with foul trouble, and it was a downgrade at the position that helped the Thunder to immediately go on an 11-4 run over a five minute stretch.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15