Apr 24, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The Celtics are not exactly know for bold, athletic plays but Pierce threw the half-court alley-oop and Green went up and finished it.
Boston is going to have to find more easy buckets (such as transition points) like this to have a chance against New York. Boston has fallen behind the Knicks 2-0 with the Celtics’ offense struggling mightily in the second half of both games.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34