Apr 23, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Everything seemed to be going in for Oklahoma City’s stars in Game 1. Same with their fans, like the one who had the half-court shot between quarters.
• Earlier this year the Raptors discovered that Rudy Gay has a vision issue, an imbalance between the two eyes. He tried prescription goggles but didn’t like playing in those. He’s going to get that addressed this summer. Gay has always been a low efficiency scorer, we’ll see if this changes things at all.
• George Carl looks back on his time in Golden State. And talks about taking a couple of drinks.
• That image to the left — purchase your own authentic Derrick Rose playoff jersey — has been bouncing around the Web for a couple of days and made me laugh.
• J.J.Hickson says he does not want to play center next season, he wants to be a power forward. The Trail Blazers would like that, too, but he likely will be playing it somewhere else.
• Luke Babbitt got a third place vote for Sixth Man of the Year. None of the voters was his mother, and there is no way he deserved this, so the NBA twittersphere has been guessing how this came about. Tom Ziller comes to the defense of the anonymous stranger (by really saying there needs to be more transparency).
• An interesting profile of newly minted Most Improved Player winner Paul George, where he said part of his motivation for this season was watching the tapes of their playoff series against Miami and noticing he didn’t go hard every play and Dwyane Wade took advantage.
• Speaking of interesting profiles, here is one of the Nuggets’ Evan Fournier, the rookie from France who has pushed his way into playing key minutes.
• A look back at the history of how the Maloofs have tried to screw over Sacramento in regards to the Kings.
• A look at how many key players were lost to injury this season.
• A Q&A with David Stern, where he talks Lakers and dodges the Seattle/Sacramento question.
• A Q&A with Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen. And no, he has no plans to sell the team.
• And finally, this is a little old, but here is Tony Allen singing karaoke.
May 29, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Gokul Venkatachalam predicts Cavaliers in 6
May 29, 2015, 9:08 AM EDT
Iowa State coach reportedly had concerns about NBA jump due to health
May 29, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
They want Fred Hoiberg, but does he want them?
Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible
May 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
I expect Love will stay with the Cavaliers this summer, but a lot of people around the league are not so convinced.
John Wall kicked off plane in Las Vegas after someone in his group allegedly threatened another passenger
May 29, 2015, 12:30 AM EDT
No charges were filed, but …
Bulls GM: Permission would have been granted for other teams to talk to Thibodeau, but ‘nobody called’
May 28, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Maybe because they knew Thibodeau would be available eventually.
May 28, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Tough to see him as a stronger candidate than at least two others. Unless …
May 28, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
Thompson was throwing up after the game.
May 28, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Players supposedly said they’d avoid team facility this summer if Thibodeau remained the head coach.
May 28, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
How this was handled raises questions.
May 28, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Thibodeau was fired as Bulls head coach on Thursday.
May 28, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Wade wants a bigger contract when he opts out this summer.
May 28, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
The 2012 first-round pick has played in three NBA games.
May 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Okay Bulls, now find someone better.
Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship”
May 28, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
The team believes not beating the Cavaliers was a missed opportunity.
May 28, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
As he should
May 28, 2015, 2:42 PM EDT
American president tweets about LeBron James and J.R. Smith
May 28, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
Two words: Vivek Ranadivé
May 28, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Clippers center reportedly interested in signing with Dallas
May 28, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
Kevin Love might leave the Cavaliers in free agency. Cleveland fans, if history is any indication, wouldn’t treat him well if he does. What would Love’s peers think? Colin Cowherd asked Jared Dudley – whom you might remember from saying players avoid Kobe Bryant Bryant and calling Carmelo Anthony the NBA’s most overrated player –…
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 4
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 14
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43