Apr 23, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Everything seemed to be going in for Oklahoma City’s stars in Game 1. Same with their fans, like the one who had the half-court shot between quarters.
• Earlier this year the Raptors discovered that Rudy Gay has a vision issue, an imbalance between the two eyes. He tried prescription goggles but didn’t like playing in those. He’s going to get that addressed this summer. Gay has always been a low efficiency scorer, we’ll see if this changes things at all.
• George Carl looks back on his time in Golden State. And talks about taking a couple of drinks.
• That image to the left — purchase your own authentic Derrick Rose playoff jersey — has been bouncing around the Web for a couple of days and made me laugh.
• J.J.Hickson says he does not want to play center next season, he wants to be a power forward. The Trail Blazers would like that, too, but he likely will be playing it somewhere else.
• Luke Babbitt got a third place vote for Sixth Man of the Year. None of the voters was his mother, and there is no way he deserved this, so the NBA twittersphere has been guessing how this came about. Tom Ziller comes to the defense of the anonymous stranger (by really saying there needs to be more transparency).
• An interesting profile of newly minted Most Improved Player winner Paul George, where he said part of his motivation for this season was watching the tapes of their playoff series against Miami and noticing he didn’t go hard every play and Dwyane Wade took advantage.
• Speaking of interesting profiles, here is one of the Nuggets’ Evan Fournier, the rookie from France who has pushed his way into playing key minutes.
• A look back at the history of how the Maloofs have tried to screw over Sacramento in regards to the Kings.
• A look at how many key players were lost to injury this season.
• A Q&A with David Stern, where he talks Lakers and dodges the Seattle/Sacramento question.
• A Q&A with Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen. And no, he has no plans to sell the team.
• And finally, this is a little old, but here is Tony Allen singing karaoke.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:21 AM EDT
Players should never angrily engage with fans.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Big time shot.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:16 PM EDT
Nobody saw this coming.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The banner is back.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
Oct 30, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
The Sixers CEO fired back, but taking on a Hall of Fame coach isn’t usually wise.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
It’s going to be a rough transition for the Knicks. New Yorkers have to be patient (not always their strong suit).
Oct 30, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
It’s a sign Dan Gilbert is pulling out the checkbook to spend.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
The Spurs just got better.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Look for a decision sometime after Christmas.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
The time the Nuggets center responded to a heckler
Oct 30, 2014, 3:11 PM EDT
Cleveland, as of a few days ago, reportedly hadn’t begun negotiations with Thompson
Oct 30, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Faried reveals Nuggets defensive game plan against Pistons
LeBron makes emotional return to Cleveland tonight, new Nike ad shows city standing together (VIDEO)
Oct 30, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
The season is about process for the Cavaliers, but tonight is about celebration of home.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
It was a good night to be a Hornets fan.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Bulls center has discussed Phil Jackson with his younger brother
Oct 30, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Gasol was dominant opening night, and Derrick Rose is thrilled to finally have some help.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
Awesome block by Buck
Oct 30, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Warriors shooting guard met starter criteria in game against Kings
Oct 30, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
They wouldn’t be the Suns and Timberwolves, would they?
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 19
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 3
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16