Apr 23, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Everything seemed to be going in for Oklahoma City’s stars in Game 1. Same with their fans, like the one who had the half-court shot between quarters.
• Earlier this year the Raptors discovered that Rudy Gay has a vision issue, an imbalance between the two eyes. He tried prescription goggles but didn’t like playing in those. He’s going to get that addressed this summer. Gay has always been a low efficiency scorer, we’ll see if this changes things at all.
• George Carl looks back on his time in Golden State. And talks about taking a couple of drinks.
• That image to the left — purchase your own authentic Derrick Rose playoff jersey — has been bouncing around the Web for a couple of days and made me laugh.
• J.J.Hickson says he does not want to play center next season, he wants to be a power forward. The Trail Blazers would like that, too, but he likely will be playing it somewhere else.
• Luke Babbitt got a third place vote for Sixth Man of the Year. None of the voters was his mother, and there is no way he deserved this, so the NBA twittersphere has been guessing how this came about. Tom Ziller comes to the defense of the anonymous stranger (by really saying there needs to be more transparency).
• An interesting profile of newly minted Most Improved Player winner Paul George, where he said part of his motivation for this season was watching the tapes of their playoff series against Miami and noticing he didn’t go hard every play and Dwyane Wade took advantage.
• Speaking of interesting profiles, here is one of the Nuggets’ Evan Fournier, the rookie from France who has pushed his way into playing key minutes.
• A look back at the history of how the Maloofs have tried to screw over Sacramento in regards to the Kings.
• A look at how many key players were lost to injury this season.
• A Q&A with David Stern, where he talks Lakers and dodges the Seattle/Sacramento question.
• A Q&A with Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen. And no, he has no plans to sell the team.
• And finally, this is a little old, but here is Tony Allen singing karaoke.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
A hit job on Kobe Bryant by a major media outlet is drawing plenty of criticism.
Sixers’ K.J. McDaniels with a two-handed rejection, has more preseason blocks than Anthony Davis (VIDEO)
Oct 21, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
McDaniels has amassed 14 blocked shots this preseason — more than guys like DeAndre Jordan and Anthony Davis.
Oct 21, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Solid big men get overpaid consistently and have for many years. In light of that fact, this deal is just fine.
Oct 21, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Kirk Hinrich will get the start.
Oct 21, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
James Harden’s defense isn’t as bad as some people say… but it’s not good.
Oct 21, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
It’s possible, but not likely, that Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov will buy the rest of the building.
Oct 21, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
The Lakers defense makes them lottery locks.
Oct 21, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Philadelphia, Oklahoma City and Milwaukee still need five more teams to join their side
Oct 21, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Watch after the draft lottery next year when a team like the Lakers, Celtics or Knicks jumps way up the board so they can draft a young star and some smaller market owners cry it’s unfair.
Oct 21, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
The only precedent for LeBron, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving? LeBron, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh
Oct 21, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Iman Shumpert is wearing a hat with a clock on it. That is all.
Oct 21, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Center played just five games last season
Oct 21, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
Chicago point guard still clearly has respect of teammates
Oct 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
New Orleans adds its missing link in Omer Asik
Oct 21, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Expect him to be out until mid- to late December.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
They’re not as good as Mark Cuban thinks they are, but they are improved.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Projecting Cleveland’s win total based on its minute distribution against the Bulls
Oct 21, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Celtics waived Lucas during offseason that saw him traded twice
Oct 21, 2014, 8:36 AM EDT
Celtics point guard, coach Brad Stevens leave open possibility of Rondo not missing any games after breaking hand
Oct 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
He had 30 points on 18 shots.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 0
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 9
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 13
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 25
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88