Apr 23, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Everything seemed to be going in for Oklahoma City’s stars in Game 1. Same with their fans, like the one who had the half-court shot between quarters.
• Earlier this year the Raptors discovered that Rudy Gay has a vision issue, an imbalance between the two eyes. He tried prescription goggles but didn’t like playing in those. He’s going to get that addressed this summer. Gay has always been a low efficiency scorer, we’ll see if this changes things at all.
• George Carl looks back on his time in Golden State. And talks about taking a couple of drinks.
• That image to the left — purchase your own authentic Derrick Rose playoff jersey — has been bouncing around the Web for a couple of days and made me laugh.
• J.J.Hickson says he does not want to play center next season, he wants to be a power forward. The Trail Blazers would like that, too, but he likely will be playing it somewhere else.
• Luke Babbitt got a third place vote for Sixth Man of the Year. None of the voters was his mother, and there is no way he deserved this, so the NBA twittersphere has been guessing how this came about. Tom Ziller comes to the defense of the anonymous stranger (by really saying there needs to be more transparency).
• An interesting profile of newly minted Most Improved Player winner Paul George, where he said part of his motivation for this season was watching the tapes of their playoff series against Miami and noticing he didn’t go hard every play and Dwyane Wade took advantage.
• Speaking of interesting profiles, here is one of the Nuggets’ Evan Fournier, the rookie from France who has pushed his way into playing key minutes.
• A look back at the history of how the Maloofs have tried to screw over Sacramento in regards to the Kings.
• A look at how many key players were lost to injury this season.
• A Q&A with David Stern, where he talks Lakers and dodges the Seattle/Sacramento question.
• A Q&A with Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen. And no, he has no plans to sell the team.
• And finally, this is a little old, but here is Tony Allen singing karaoke.
Aug 28, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
Dexter Pittman, Greg Stiemsma, Daniel Orton, Bobby Brown, Toney Douglas, Ben Hansbrough and Malcolm Lee try out
Aug 27, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
NBA news you definitely didn’t expect to read today
Aug 27, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Rockets guard continues to draw praise after offseason of petty comments
Aug 27, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Warriors guard might be bit biased when it comes to rating 3-point shooters
Aug 27, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Jason Kidd at it again
Aug 27, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
Waiters on the possibility of playing with Love, LeBron James and Kyrie Irving: ‘I’ve got to destroy my opponent’
Aug 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Dallas owner goes out of his way to compare his rival Daryl Morey’s
Aug 27, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Miami is now taking Knicks rejects
Aug 27, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Former No. 2 remains unsigned after disappointing season with Heat
Aug 27, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
New contract with Clippers makes Rivers the NBA’s highest-paid coach
Aug 27, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
Kulagin, 22, went undrafted and is now an unrestricted free agent
Aug 27, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Williams went 0-9, and stopped shooting.
Aug 27, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
Go back to July 1 and consider the possibility of LeBron James and Kevin Love playing for Cleveland this season
Aug 27, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Embiid may have jumped the gun.
Aug 27, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Minnesota’s owner tried to point out some of Love’s flaws once the deal was done.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Clippers owner Steve Ballmer calls keeping Rivers ‘one of my top priorities’
Aug 27, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
Donald Sterling will try to embarrass the league going forward, but he will not ever own the Clippers again.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
Goes against public perception.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Shumpert and other Knicks will love an offense with player and ball movement… if ‘Melo shares the rock.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
Sixers value a pick in next year’s draft more than they do Bennett at this time.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23