Apr 23, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Everything seemed to be going in for Oklahoma City’s stars in Game 1. Same with their fans, like the one who had the half-court shot between quarters.
• Earlier this year the Raptors discovered that Rudy Gay has a vision issue, an imbalance between the two eyes. He tried prescription goggles but didn’t like playing in those. He’s going to get that addressed this summer. Gay has always been a low efficiency scorer, we’ll see if this changes things at all.
• George Carl looks back on his time in Golden State. And talks about taking a couple of drinks.
• That image to the left — purchase your own authentic Derrick Rose playoff jersey — has been bouncing around the Web for a couple of days and made me laugh.
• J.J.Hickson says he does not want to play center next season, he wants to be a power forward. The Trail Blazers would like that, too, but he likely will be playing it somewhere else.
• Luke Babbitt got a third place vote for Sixth Man of the Year. None of the voters was his mother, and there is no way he deserved this, so the NBA twittersphere has been guessing how this came about. Tom Ziller comes to the defense of the anonymous stranger (by really saying there needs to be more transparency).
• An interesting profile of newly minted Most Improved Player winner Paul George, where he said part of his motivation for this season was watching the tapes of their playoff series against Miami and noticing he didn’t go hard every play and Dwyane Wade took advantage.
• Speaking of interesting profiles, here is one of the Nuggets’ Evan Fournier, the rookie from France who has pushed his way into playing key minutes.
• A look back at the history of how the Maloofs have tried to screw over Sacramento in regards to the Kings.
• A look at how many key players were lost to injury this season.
• A Q&A with David Stern, where he talks Lakers and dodges the Seattle/Sacramento question.
• A Q&A with Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen. And no, he has no plans to sell the team.
• And finally, this is a little old, but here is Tony Allen singing karaoke.
Sep 22, 2014, 12:21 AM EDT
Remember Sanders suffered a serious eye injury last season.
Sep 21, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Way more Andre Iguodala than you might expect.
Sep 21, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Turner’s stock has dropped significantly since being traded from the Sixers to the Pacers in the middle of last season.
NBA’s rookie transition program tries to educate, but some of the information is presented in poor taste
Sep 21, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
You can see what they’re trying to do, but some of the things presented went a bit too far.
Sep 21, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Our first real look at the new uniforms and new court design.
Sep 21, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
I’m pretty sure Popovich doesn’t want him taking one of these in a game.
Sep 21, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
He’s going to fight for minutes at a crowded wing spot in Charlotte.
Sep 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Nobody expects much from the Timberwolves or Wiggins this season, outside of a few highlight dunks.
Sep 21, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
A team is going to have to pay him at least $2 million a year to make it worth his while.
Sep 21, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Neither player made this summer’s final 12-man roster.
Sep 21, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Lakers president believes Bryant is ready after he missed all but six games last season due to injury.
Sep 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Sep 20, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Rubio may not like it, but Minnesota can retain his rights in restricted free agency next summer.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Big man from Mexico preferred to remain in the NBA, but took the payday to return overseas.
Sep 20, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Watch it all the way through.
Sep 20, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
With two years left in the NBA, Bryant has an eye on life after basketball.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
A previous report said Gibson was less than thrilled with remaining a reserve.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Blatche can play, but the NBA offers simply weren’t there.
Sep 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
10-story-high banner will return after a similar one was taken down when James left in 2010.
Sep 20, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
Sessions could start at point guard for Sacramento.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18