Apr 23, 2013, 12:11 PM EDT
What is the best kind of beer?
And Shane Battier just got a truckload of it. Literally.
Back during the Heat’s 27-game winning streak Steve Aschburner of NBA.com wrote about the superstitions of the Heat players, because if “Bull Durham” taught us one thing it’s that you don’t mess with a streak. Shane Battier was asked about his superstitions during the streak:
“Nope,” Battier said. “Well, I try to drink the same beer – Bud Light – but that’s about it. You never know. I don’t want to chance luck and switch up brands, so I’m staying loyal to Bud Light.”
So the marketing people at Bud Light saw that and delivered 18 pallets of beer — about 1,100 cases — to his house. Which means I need to get invited to Shane Battier’s house because, even that’s not my beer of choice, it would be the best kind of beer. Free.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 5
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 15
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 66
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 51
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 29
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4