Apr 23, 2013, 12:11 PM EDT
What is the best kind of beer?
And Shane Battier just got a truckload of it. Literally.
Back during the Heat’s 27-game winning streak Steve Aschburner of NBA.com wrote about the superstitions of the Heat players, because if “Bull Durham” taught us one thing it’s that you don’t mess with a streak. Shane Battier was asked about his superstitions during the streak:
“Nope,” Battier said. “Well, I try to drink the same beer – Bud Light – but that’s about it. You never know. I don’t want to chance luck and switch up brands, so I’m staying loyal to Bud Light.”
So the marketing people at Bud Light saw that and delivered 18 pallets of beer — about 1,100 cases — to his house. Which means I need to get invited to Shane Battier’s house because, even that’s not my beer of choice, it would be the best kind of beer. Free.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 4
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 3
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 48
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 27
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20