Apr 23, 2013, 12:11 PM EST
What is the best kind of beer?
And Shane Battier just got a truckload of it. Literally.
Back during the Heat’s 27-game winning streak Steve Aschburner of NBA.com wrote about the superstitions of the Heat players, because if “Bull Durham” taught us one thing it’s that you don’t mess with a streak. Shane Battier was asked about his superstitions during the streak:
“Nope,” Battier said. “Well, I try to drink the same beer – Bud Light – but that’s about it. You never know. I don’t want to chance luck and switch up brands, so I’m staying loyal to Bud Light.”
So the marketing people at Bud Light saw that and delivered 18 pallets of beer — about 1,100 cases — to his house. Which means I need to get invited to Shane Battier’s house because, even that’s not my beer of choice, it would be the best kind of beer. Free.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday 0
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 8
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 7
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 16
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)