Apr 23, 2013, 2:05 AM EDT
Chris Paul is a superstar.
That right there is why you have superstars on your team.
Paul got the ball out high with :13 seconds left in a tie game , had a very good and physical defender on him in Tony Allen, drove and was physical right back, got away with a pushoff but created the space then hit a very difficult shot. (Grizzlies fans, if you really want to complain watch how Blake Griffin gets away with an Raiders offensive lineman quality hold on Darrell Arthur who can’t get over to contest the shot.)
After a review by the referees they put 0.1 seconds back on the clock but the Grizzlies were not going to get the miracle tip.
With that shot the Clippers win 93-91 and go up 2-0 in the series. That is a gut shot for the Grizzlies, this was a game they could have won.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 29
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20