Apr 23, 2013, 2:05 AM EST
Chris Paul is a superstar.
That right there is why you have superstars on your team.
Paul got the ball out high with :13 seconds left in a tie game , had a very good and physical defender on him in Tony Allen, drove and was physical right back, got away with a pushoff but created the space then hit a very difficult shot. (Grizzlies fans, if you really want to complain watch how Blake Griffin gets away with an Raiders offensive lineman quality hold on Darrell Arthur who can’t get over to contest the shot.)
After a review by the referees they put 0.1 seconds back on the clock but the Grizzlies were not going to get the miracle tip.
With that shot the Clippers win 93-91 and go up 2-0 in the series. That is a gut shot for the Grizzlies, this was a game they could have won.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 28
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)