Apr 23, 2013, 2:05 AM EDT
Chris Paul is a superstar.
That right there is why you have superstars on your team.
Paul got the ball out high with :13 seconds left in a tie game , had a very good and physical defender on him in Tony Allen, drove and was physical right back, got away with a pushoff but created the space then hit a very difficult shot. (Grizzlies fans, if you really want to complain watch how Blake Griffin gets away with an Raiders offensive lineman quality hold on Darrell Arthur who can’t get over to contest the shot.)
After a review by the referees they put 0.1 seconds back on the clock but the Grizzlies were not going to get the miracle tip.
With that shot the Clippers win 93-91 and go up 2-0 in the series. That is a gut shot for the Grizzlies, this was a game they could have won.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 4
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22