Apr 23, 2013, 2:05 AM EDT
Chris Paul is a superstar.
That right there is why you have superstars on your team.
Paul got the ball out high with :13 seconds left in a tie game , had a very good and physical defender on him in Tony Allen, drove and was physical right back, got away with a pushoff but created the space then hit a very difficult shot. (Grizzlies fans, if you really want to complain watch how Blake Griffin gets away with an Raiders offensive lineman quality hold on Darrell Arthur who can’t get over to contest the shot.)
After a review by the referees they put 0.1 seconds back on the clock but the Grizzlies were not going to get the miracle tip.
With that shot the Clippers win 93-91 and go up 2-0 in the series. That is a gut shot for the Grizzlies, this was a game they could have won.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3