Apr 22, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The Heat beat Milwaukee 110-87 in Game 1, only their second win by such a wide margin over a playoff team since the season began – and the other came way back in early November. Miami was clicking on all cylinders yesterday, clearly locked in for a long playoff run. It barely seemed fair how good the Heat were. They were playing at their absolute peak form, and the result was a thrilling display of precision and skill. It just can’t get any better than that.
“We know we can play a better game,” James said.
If the Heat are driven to play better than that, we can mark the Bucks down for a sweep right now. Heck, we can probably just give Miami the championship.
Of course, it’s not easy to perform so well every game, but these Heat seem driven to achieve greatness. They chased the all-time win streak record, and now they appear motivated to destroy their playoff opponents.
If the Heat play as well as they did in Game 1 the rest of the playoffs, I like their chances of winning a title. If they play better, well, we’ll have to discuss the greatest playoff teams of all time.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16