Apr 22, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The Heat beat Milwaukee 110-87 in Game 1, only their second win by such a wide margin over a playoff team since the season began – and the other came way back in early November. Miami was clicking on all cylinders yesterday, clearly locked in for a long playoff run. It barely seemed fair how good the Heat were. They were playing at their absolute peak form, and the result was a thrilling display of precision and skill. It just can’t get any better than that.
“We know we can play a better game,” James said.
If the Heat are driven to play better than that, we can mark the Bucks down for a sweep right now. Heck, we can probably just give Miami the championship.
Of course, it’s not easy to perform so well every game, but these Heat seem driven to achieve greatness. They chased the all-time win streak record, and now they appear motivated to destroy their playoff opponents.
If the Heat play as well as they did in Game 1 the rest of the playoffs, I like their chances of winning a title. If they play better, well, we’ll have to discuss the greatest playoff teams of all time.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 0
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 14
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 8
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 13
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26