Apr 22, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The Heat beat Milwaukee 110-87 in Game 1, only their second win by such a wide margin over a playoff team since the season began – and the other came way back in early November. Miami was clicking on all cylinders yesterday, clearly locked in for a long playoff run. It barely seemed fair how good the Heat were. They were playing at their absolute peak form, and the result was a thrilling display of precision and skill. It just can’t get any better than that.
“We know we can play a better game,” James said.
If the Heat are driven to play better than that, we can mark the Bucks down for a sweep right now. Heck, we can probably just give Miami the championship.
Of course, it’s not easy to perform so well every game, but these Heat seem driven to achieve greatness. They chased the all-time win streak record, and now they appear motivated to destroy their playoff opponents.
If the Heat play as well as they did in Game 1 the rest of the playoffs, I like their chances of winning a title. If they play better, well, we’ll have to discuss the greatest playoff teams of all time.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29