Apr 22, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
You knew things were going Oklahoma City’s way when this happened.
After Russell Westbrook makes an athletic play to make a steal, Kendrick Perkins picks up the loose ball and takes off on the fast break. So he can dribble, we learned. Then as they got close to the rim he threw the alley-oop to a running Serge Ibaka.
It wasn’t a high arching thing of beauty. Andre Miller‘s title as the guy who throws the prettiest lob passes is not on jeopardy. But it worked — Ibaka caught it and threw it down. This play happened in the middle of the third quarter when the Rockets were still hanging around, but when you saw this play you knew how this game was going to end — when Perkins is running the break and it works, it’s your night.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 0
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 18
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 46
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 59
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3