Apr 22, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
You knew things were going Oklahoma City’s way when this happened.
After Russell Westbrook makes an athletic play to make a steal, Kendrick Perkins picks up the loose ball and takes off on the fast break. So he can dribble, we learned. Then as they got close to the rim he threw the alley-oop to a running Serge Ibaka.
It wasn’t a high arching thing of beauty. Andre Miller‘s title as the guy who throws the prettiest lob passes is not on jeopardy. But it worked — Ibaka caught it and threw it down. This play happened in the middle of the third quarter when the Rockets were still hanging around, but when you saw this play you knew how this game was going to end — when Perkins is running the break and it works, it’s your night.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37