Apr 22, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
You knew things were going Oklahoma City’s way when this happened.
After Russell Westbrook makes an athletic play to make a steal, Kendrick Perkins picks up the loose ball and takes off on the fast break. So he can dribble, we learned. Then as they got close to the rim he threw the alley-oop to a running Serge Ibaka.
It wasn’t a high arching thing of beauty. Andre Miller‘s title as the guy who throws the prettiest lob passes is not on jeopardy. But it worked — Ibaka caught it and threw it down. This play happened in the middle of the third quarter when the Rockets were still hanging around, but when you saw this play you knew how this game was going to end — when Perkins is running the break and it works, it’s your night.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4