Apr 22, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
You knew things were going Oklahoma City’s way when this happened.
After Russell Westbrook makes an athletic play to make a steal, Kendrick Perkins picks up the loose ball and takes off on the fast break. So he can dribble, we learned. Then as they got close to the rim he threw the alley-oop to a running Serge Ibaka.
It wasn’t a high arching thing of beauty. Andre Miller‘s title as the guy who throws the prettiest lob passes is not on jeopardy. But it worked — Ibaka caught it and threw it down. This play happened in the middle of the third quarter when the Rockets were still hanging around, but when you saw this play you knew how this game was going to end — when Perkins is running the break and it works, it’s your night.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15