Apr 22, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
You knew things were going Oklahoma City’s way when this happened.
After Russell Westbrook makes an athletic play to make a steal, Kendrick Perkins picks up the loose ball and takes off on the fast break. So he can dribble, we learned. Then as they got close to the rim he threw the alley-oop to a running Serge Ibaka.
It wasn’t a high arching thing of beauty. Andre Miller‘s title as the guy who throws the prettiest lob passes is not on jeopardy. But it worked — Ibaka caught it and threw it down. This play happened in the middle of the third quarter when the Rockets were still hanging around, but when you saw this play you knew how this game was going to end — when Perkins is running the break and it works, it’s your night.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 2
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6