Steve Nash: ‘I’m not myself’

Apr 21, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT

Steve Nash AP

Steve Nash – who left his last two games, March 28 and March 30, with injuries – shot just 6-of-15 and had only three assists in the Lakers’ Game 1 loss to the Spurs today. He was a big reason the Lakers posted a dismal offensive rating of 82.7, which was slightly lower when Nash was on the court.

Nash shot just 2-of-8 from mid-range, an area where he shot 50 percent during the regular season and an area the Spurs don’t defend particularly well. Via Mike Bresnahan and Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times:

“I’m not myself,” Nash said. “I’m not moving that well. I’m struggling a little bit. I probably had a few shots in there that I probably normally make, but I still think it’s important to try and contribute. We don’t have enough points in our lineup every night.”

Unfortunately for the Lakers, they have little choice but to run their offense through Nash with Kobe Bryant out. The 39-year-old Nash might look like himself for spurts in this series, but it’s difficult to imagine it happening for four of the next six games.

Latest Posts
  1. 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green

Oct 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT

Golden State Warriors v Los Angeles Lakers Golden State Warriors v Los Angeles Lakers

Lineup data shows Green greatly improves his team’s chances when playing with the starters.

2. 67RIEFNS: Lance Stephenson on the loose

Oct 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT

Charlotte Hornets vs Philadelphia 76ers Charlotte Hornets vs Philadelphia 76ers

Is Stephenson ready for responsibility that comes with going from Pacers to Hornets?

3. Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson

Oct 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT

Tristan Thompson Tristan Thompson

It might be because short of an insane offer of a max deal, Thompson would rather take his chances as a restricted free agent next summer.

4. Kings’ Ray McCallum sinks put-back at the buzzer to beat Lakers

Oct 25, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT

Ray McCallum AP

Nice job of McCallum to stay active on a play where he had already missed a shot.

5. 67RIEFNS: Isaiah Thomas vs. Sacramento Kings

Oct 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT

Los Angeles Clippers v Sacramento Kings Los Angeles Clippers v Sacramento Kings

Will Thomas make Kings regret choosing Darren Collison over him?

6. Thunder’s Anthony Morrow to miss 4-6 weeks with knee sprain

Oct 25, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT

Grizzlies vs Thunder Grizzlies vs Thunder

Thunder will be very short-handed the first month of the regular season.

7. Player intentionally makes shot in own basket in attempt to force overtime

Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT

And it was probably the smartest possible play

8. 67RIEFNS: K.J. McDaniels testing the second-round system

Oct 24, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT

2014 NBA Rookie Photo Shoot Getty Images

76ers forwent any guaranteed salary to hit free agency sooner

9. Why I am going to miss Steve Nash

Oct 24, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT

steve-nash-getty Getty Images

Nash was everything we want as a fan in an NBA player.

10. 67RIEFNS No. 34: JaVale McGee doing JaVale McGee things

Oct 24, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT

Denver Nuggets Media Day Denver Nuggets Media Day

The NBA is full of talent, personality and suspense. During the offseason, It’s easy to forget how wonderful the league can be. So, I’ve assembled 67 Reasons I’m Excited For Next Season (67RIEFNS). They’ll be presented in no particular order. JaVale McGee played just five games last year after injuring his leg. How did we…

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches