Apr 21, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
Despite coming to end the third quarter, this was the key run that blew the game open and essentially sealed the Spurs’ Game 1 win over the Lakers.
L.A. had managed to hang around within a manageable seven or eight points most of the afternoon, but then Manu Ginobili got loose for eight points in a span of just over a minute and a half that pushed San Antonio’s lead from seven to 13 entering the fourth period.
You can see it unfold beginning at the 48-second mark in the video clip above. Ginobili starts by executing a nice two-man game with DeJuan Blair that ends with him converting a left-handed runner over Pau Gasol, before then connecting on two three-pointers in transition, both of which were absolute daggers.
Ginobili finished with 18 points on 6-of-13 shooting, in just 19 minutes of action.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23