Apr 21, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
Despite coming to end the third quarter, this was the key run that blew the game open and essentially sealed the Spurs’ Game 1 win over the Lakers.
L.A. had managed to hang around within a manageable seven or eight points most of the afternoon, but then Manu Ginobili got loose for eight points in a span of just over a minute and a half that pushed San Antonio’s lead from seven to 13 entering the fourth period.
You can see it unfold beginning at the 48-second mark in the video clip above. Ginobili starts by executing a nice two-man game with DeJuan Blair that ends with him converting a left-handed runner over Pau Gasol, before then connecting on two three-pointers in transition, both of which were absolute daggers.
Ginobili finished with 18 points on 6-of-13 shooting, in just 19 minutes of action.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6