Apr 21, 2013, 8:41 PM EST
Despite coming to end the third quarter, this was the key run that blew the game open and essentially sealed the Spurs’ Game 1 win over the Lakers.
L.A. had managed to hang around within a manageable seven or eight points most of the afternoon, but then Manu Ginobili got loose for eight points in a span of just over a minute and a half that pushed San Antonio’s lead from seven to 13 entering the fourth period.
You can see it unfold beginning at the 48-second mark in the video clip above. Ginobili starts by executing a nice two-man game with DeJuan Blair that ends with him converting a left-handed runner over Pau Gasol, before then connecting on two three-pointers in transition, both of which were absolute daggers.
Ginobili finished with 18 points on 6-of-13 shooting, in just 19 minutes of action.
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 17
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 6
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo with dueling rookie triple doubles 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 3: We answer twitter questions on Blazers, Pacers vs. Monstars 0
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (51)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)