Apr 21, 2013, 3:54 PM EST
Derrick Rose has no stated plans to return this season, but neither he nor the Bulls have said he won’t. So, you’ll continue to see non-news news like this from Chicago coach Tom Thibodeau. Via Luke Stuckmeyer of CSN Chicago:
“Most likely out, but you never know. The playoffs are stretched out too, so you have to factor that in too. So, who knows another week from now where he is so, you always want to have that possibility open,” Thibodeau said.
A week from now, the Bulls’ season might be over. Without Rose – and with Joakim Noah slowed by injury – that’s looking increasingly likely for Chicago, which trails the Nets 1-0.
Once the Bulls are eliminated, these updates will finally stop, and that’s what it will probably take to end them. There’s no indication the Bulls or Rose will make a definitive statement about the point guard’s ability to play this season, even as they run out of time to do so.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 6
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 12
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20