Apr 21, 2013, 3:54 PM EST
Derrick Rose has no stated plans to return this season, but neither he nor the Bulls have said he won’t. So, you’ll continue to see non-news news like this from Chicago coach Tom Thibodeau. Via Luke Stuckmeyer of CSN Chicago:
“Most likely out, but you never know. The playoffs are stretched out too, so you have to factor that in too. So, who knows another week from now where he is so, you always want to have that possibility open,” Thibodeau said.
A week from now, the Bulls’ season might be over. Without Rose – and with Joakim Noah slowed by injury – that’s looking increasingly likely for Chicago, which trails the Nets 1-0.
Once the Bulls are eliminated, these updates will finally stop, and that’s what it will probably take to end them. There’s no indication the Bulls or Rose will make a definitive statement about the point guard’s ability to play this season, even as they run out of time to do so.
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 0
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 6
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)