Apr 21, 2013, 3:54 PM EDT
Derrick Rose has no stated plans to return this season, but neither he nor the Bulls have said he won’t. So, you’ll continue to see non-news news like this from Chicago coach Tom Thibodeau. Via Luke Stuckmeyer of CSN Chicago:
“Most likely out, but you never know. The playoffs are stretched out too, so you have to factor that in too. So, who knows another week from now where he is so, you always want to have that possibility open,” Thibodeau said.
A week from now, the Bulls’ season might be over. Without Rose – and with Joakim Noah slowed by injury – that’s looking increasingly likely for Chicago, which trails the Nets 1-0.
Once the Bulls are eliminated, these updates will finally stop, and that’s what it will probably take to end them. There’s no indication the Bulls or Rose will make a definitive statement about the point guard’s ability to play this season, even as they run out of time to do so.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 21
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 70
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8