Apr 20, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
This is how deep the Denver Nuggets are — they’ve been hiding rookie Evan Fournier on their bench all season. He only got in sporadically during the season as the rookie worked on his game and getting stronger and used to the NBA speed (things he talked about needing to do back at Summer League).
Then they called on him when injuries mounted and in the last 10 games he’s averaged 11.1 points a game on 51.2 percent shooting. He’s got range, having hit 40.7 percent of his threes this year. The 6’6” swingman out of France has been a big boost.
This is going to be a fun, up-and-down series. And if you haven’t seen Fournier play, you’re going to like his game. He will fit in seamlessly for the Nuggets.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18