Apr 20, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
This is how deep the Denver Nuggets are — they’ve been hiding rookie Evan Fournier on their bench all season. He only got in sporadically during the season as the rookie worked on his game and getting stronger and used to the NBA speed (things he talked about needing to do back at Summer League).
Then they called on him when injuries mounted and in the last 10 games he’s averaged 11.1 points a game on 51.2 percent shooting. He’s got range, having hit 40.7 percent of his threes this year. The 6’6” swingman out of France has been a big boost.
This is going to be a fun, up-and-down series. And if you haven’t seen Fournier play, you’re going to like his game. He will fit in seamlessly for the Nuggets.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11