Apr 20, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
This is how deep the Denver Nuggets are — they’ve been hiding rookie Evan Fournier on their bench all season. He only got in sporadically during the season as the rookie worked on his game and getting stronger and used to the NBA speed (things he talked about needing to do back at Summer League).
Then they called on him when injuries mounted and in the last 10 games he’s averaged 11.1 points a game on 51.2 percent shooting. He’s got range, having hit 40.7 percent of his threes this year. The 6’6” swingman out of France has been a big boost.
This is going to be a fun, up-and-down series. And if you haven’t seen Fournier play, you’re going to like his game. He will fit in seamlessly for the Nuggets.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41