Apr 20, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
Before the Knicks and Celtics tipped off the postseason at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, Paul Pierce and Carmelo Anthony stood together at center court, and each spoke briefly on the tragic Boston Marathon bombings that occurred earlier this week.
Anthony sent along prayers and condolences on behalf of the Knicks organization, while Pierce thanked everyone for their support, before finishing his remarks by saying, “Boston will rise and run again.”
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 29
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9