Apr 20, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
JaVale McGee is the most athletic big man in the game today, and when he makes the right play nobody can stop him. Ask Andrew Bogut, who got fiercely dunked on in the first half Saturday of Game 1 between the Nuggets and Warriors.
The best part of this if you’re a Nuggets fan (or George Karl) is that McGee recognizes the space and makes a smart cut. The kind of thing he doesn’t do often enough. The dunk is amazing, but it’s set up by McGee making a smart basketball play, and the more he does that the more dangerous the Nuggets become.
Also, McGee had this sweet first-half alley-oop finish.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23