Apr 20, 2013, 7:40 PM EST
JaVale McGee is the most athletic big man in the game today, and when he makes the right play nobody can stop him. Ask Andrew Bogut, who got fiercely dunked on in the first half Saturday of Game 1 between the Nuggets and Warriors.
The best part of this if you’re a Nuggets fan (or George Karl) is that McGee recognizes the space and makes a smart cut. The kind of thing he doesn’t do often enough. The dunk is amazing, but it’s set up by McGee making a smart basketball play, and the more he does that the more dangerous the Nuggets become.
Also, McGee had this sweet first-half alley-oop finish.
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 1
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)