Apr 20, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT
The first playoff game of David Lee‘s career didn’t exactly finish the way he would have hoped.
When driving to the rim in the early part of the 4th quarter, Lee drew a foul and when landing instantly grabbed his right quadricep area. Early reports are that he has a right hip injury:
INJURY UPDATE: David Lee w/ probable right hip flexor strain. Is getting x-rays and will not return.—
Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) April 20, 2013
Reports from the sideline stated that Lee heard a pop or a tear in his right quad/hip area. Obviously that sounds bad, but we’ll have to wait on the results of his X-rays before we know more.
Lee was able to get up and attempt his free throws, but was subbed out after those attempts and taken straight to the locker room, needing assistance to get off the court. Lee finished the game with 10 points and 14 rebounds.
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 2
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 6
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 0
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 8