Apr 20, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT
The first playoff game of David Lee‘s career didn’t exactly finish the way he would have hoped.
When driving to the rim in the early part of the 4th quarter, Lee drew a foul and when landing instantly grabbed his right quadricep area. Early reports are that he has a right hip injury:
INJURY UPDATE: David Lee w/ probable right hip flexor strain. Is getting x-rays and will not return.—
Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) April 20, 2013
Reports from the sideline stated that Lee heard a pop or a tear in his right quad/hip area. Obviously that sounds bad, but we’ll have to wait on the results of his X-rays before we know more.
Lee was able to get up and attempt his free throws, but was subbed out after those attempts and taken straight to the locker room, needing assistance to get off the court. Lee finished the game with 10 points and 14 rebounds.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 1
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 24
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50