Apr 19, 2013, 2:33 AM EDT
When Kenneth Faried went down with a sprained ankle last week it looked nasty. Like he’s going to be out for a while nasty. The good news was that the MRI didn’t find anything structurally wrong, but how fast could he really get back?
How about Saturday?
That’s what Faried is shooting for, the Nuggets announced on their official twitter account.
If not Game 1, it sounds like he could be back soon.
Which would be huge for the Nuggets. Faried is their leading rebounder and brings energy to the front line that makes Denver’s up-tempo style work much better. He is their energy guy.
If he is back — and if Ty Lawson is fully healthy — the Nuggets are a very dangerous team in these playoffs.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 29
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20