Apr 19, 2013, 2:33 AM EST
When Kenneth Faried went down with a sprained ankle last week it looked nasty. Like he’s going to be out for a while nasty. The good news was that the MRI didn’t find anything structurally wrong, but how fast could he really get back?
How about Saturday?
That’s what Faried is shooting for, the Nuggets announced on their official twitter account.
If not Game 1, it sounds like he could be back soon.
Which would be huge for the Nuggets. Faried is their leading rebounder and brings energy to the front line that makes Denver’s up-tempo style work much better. He is their energy guy.
If he is back — and if Ty Lawson is fully healthy — the Nuggets are a very dangerous team in these playoffs.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2