Apr 19, 2013, 2:33 AM EDT
When Kenneth Faried went down with a sprained ankle last week it looked nasty. Like he’s going to be out for a while nasty. The good news was that the MRI didn’t find anything structurally wrong, but how fast could he really get back?
How about Saturday?
That’s what Faried is shooting for, the Nuggets announced on their official twitter account.
If not Game 1, it sounds like he could be back soon.
Which would be huge for the Nuggets. Faried is their leading rebounder and brings energy to the front line that makes Denver’s up-tempo style work much better. He is their energy guy.
If he is back — and if Ty Lawson is fully healthy — the Nuggets are a very dangerous team in these playoffs.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7