Apr 19, 2013, 2:33 AM EST
When Kenneth Faried went down with a sprained ankle last week it looked nasty. Like he’s going to be out for a while nasty. The good news was that the MRI didn’t find anything structurally wrong, but how fast could he really get back?
How about Saturday?
That’s what Faried is shooting for, the Nuggets announced on their official twitter account.
If not Game 1, it sounds like he could be back soon.
Which would be huge for the Nuggets. Faried is their leading rebounder and brings energy to the front line that makes Denver’s up-tempo style work much better. He is their energy guy.
If he is back — and if Ty Lawson is fully healthy — the Nuggets are a very dangerous team in these playoffs.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30