Apr 19, 2013, 2:33 AM EST
When Kenneth Faried went down with a sprained ankle last week it looked nasty. Like he’s going to be out for a while nasty. The good news was that the MRI didn’t find anything structurally wrong, but how fast could he really get back?
How about Saturday?
That’s what Faried is shooting for, the Nuggets announced on their official twitter account.
If not Game 1, it sounds like he could be back soon.
Which would be huge for the Nuggets. Faried is their leading rebounder and brings energy to the front line that makes Denver’s up-tempo style work much better. He is their energy guy.
If he is back — and if Ty Lawson is fully healthy — the Nuggets are a very dangerous team in these playoffs.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16