Apr 19, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
If there is one thing we can guarantee about the NBA Playoffs — besides incessant TNT promos for their shows — is this: There is going to be a first-round upset. One of the top four seeds — some of them have very difficult matchups that will test them, we’re looking at you Clippers — is going to get beat.
To get you ready for the playoff fun that starts this weekend, we present ProBasketballTalk’s NBA Playoff previews for the first round. All eight series broken down so you can decide for yourself where that upset is coming from. And how we are so wrong with our predictions. Which the commenters will be more than sure to remind us of if we are wrong.
Read, enjoy, and refer back during series, because the first round drags out so long you’ll forget a lot of what happened by game five.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 7
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12