Apr 19, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
If there is one thing we can guarantee about the NBA Playoffs — besides incessant TNT promos for their shows — is this: There is going to be a first-round upset. One of the top four seeds — some of them have very difficult matchups that will test them, we’re looking at you Clippers — is going to get beat.
To get you ready for the playoff fun that starts this weekend, we present ProBasketballTalk’s NBA Playoff previews for the first round. All eight series broken down so you can decide for yourself where that upset is coming from. And how we are so wrong with our predictions. Which the commenters will be more than sure to remind us of if we are wrong.
Read, enjoy, and refer back during series, because the first round drags out so long you’ll forget a lot of what happened by game five.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17