Apr 19, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
If there is one thing we can guarantee about the NBA Playoffs — besides incessant TNT promos for their shows — is this: There is going to be a first-round upset. One of the top four seeds — some of them have very difficult matchups that will test them, we’re looking at you Clippers — is going to get beat.
To get you ready for the playoff fun that starts this weekend, we present ProBasketballTalk’s NBA Playoff previews for the first round. All eight series broken down so you can decide for yourself where that upset is coming from. And how we are so wrong with our predictions. Which the commenters will be more than sure to remind us of if we are wrong.
Read, enjoy, and refer back during series, because the first round drags out so long you’ll forget a lot of what happened by game five.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11