Apr 18, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
Pau Gasol (17 points, 20 rebounds and 11 assists), John Henson (28 points and 16 rebounds), Zach Randolph (25 points and 19 rebounds), Chris Paul (25 points, 11 assists and no turnovers) and Gerald Green (34 points) will have at least a chance to make their mark in the playoffs, but we’re honoring three players who won’t be playing this weekend.
Third Star: Al Jefferson (22 points and 16 rebounds)
None of his teammates scored double digits, but Jefferson did what he could to extend the Jazz’s playoff hopes later into the evening.
Second Star: LaMarcus Aldridge (30 points and 21 rebounds)
Is Aldridge the best player not going to the playoffs this season?
First Star: DeMarcus Cousins (36 points and 22 rebounds)
Cousins might be the same old Cousins – he shot 12-of-15 in the paint and 2-of-9 outside it – but he played particularly inspired tonight. Cousins flew all around the court to give Kings fans at least one more memorable individual performance in what could be the team’s final game in Sacramento.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 12
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 9
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 59
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 65
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 41
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8