Apr 18, 2013, 8:19 AM EDT
His ankles finally healthy, Stephen Curry has proven not only to be as good a pure shooter as there is in the game, but maybe one of the best ever.
With the two threes above, Curry tied then broke Ray Allen‘s record for most three pointers in a season. Curry finished the season with 272 from beyond the arc (269 was Allen’s old record).
What’s impressive is the variety of ways Curry can get his shot. Look at the video above — on the first three he gets his look off the dribble, coming off a high pick then sliding along the arc and taking advantage of the room given. The record breaking three is a classic catch-and-shoot where Curry ran to the arc in transition and got the look on a Jarrett Jack pass.
He’s not one dimensional — he runs the point for the Warriors and if you take away the three he can put the ball on the floor and get in the paint, plus he also has a deft passing touch. But opposing teams shouldn’t forget he can just flat out shoot, because when you give him just a little space you pay.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40