Apr 18, 2013, 8:19 AM EST
His ankles finally healthy, Stephen Curry has proven not only to be as good a pure shooter as there is in the game, but maybe one of the best ever.
With the two threes above, Curry tied then broke Ray Allen‘s record for most three pointers in a season. Curry finished the season with 272 from beyond the arc (269 was Allen’s old record).
What’s impressive is the variety of ways Curry can get his shot. Look at the video above — on the first three he gets his look off the dribble, coming off a high pick then sliding along the arc and taking advantage of the room given. The record breaking three is a classic catch-and-shoot where Curry ran to the arc in transition and got the look on a Jarrett Jack pass.
He’s not one dimensional — he runs the point for the Warriors and if you take away the three he can put the ball on the floor and get in the paint, plus he also has a deft passing touch. But opposing teams shouldn’t forget he can just flat out shoot, because when you give him just a little space you pay.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 0
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 4
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 38
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5