Apr 18, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
Today on PBT Extra the amazing Kay Adams and myself are taking a look at the first round of the NBA playoffs. This is your Western Conference preview (the East can be found right here).
Out West there’s a lot of people in Los Angeles who think the Lakers have a shot against the Spurs, but that’s only the case if the Spurs are really banged up. The Thunder and Rockets are going to be an entertaining series, but that’s a bad matchup for the Rockets, getting out and running against the athletic Thunder.
The Nuggets vs. Warriors is going to be the most entertaining first round series in either conference, but the Nuggets have too much. Then we get to the single best first round series — Clippers vs. Grizzlies. Last year the Clippers won Game 7 in Memphis, this year I think the Grizzlies return the favor.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 0
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 13
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 0
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 35
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 28
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22