Apr 18, 2013, 7:50 PM EST
You’re getting a double dose of Kay Adams, myself and PBT Extra today — we take a quick look at the first round playoff matches in each conference.
We start in the East, where Miami advancing to the second round is as close to a lock as you can get, and the Pacers should smother the Hawks with their defense.
But then things get interesting. The Knicks are the better team and should advance but they will get tested by a gritty, physical defensive team in Boston. Then the Bulls are going to play their suffocating defense and we’re going to learn the answer to the question “can the Nets play grind-it-out playoff basketball?”
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15