Apr 17, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Stephen Curry will likely break Ray Allen’s record for 3-pointers in a season (269) when the Warriors play the Trail Blazers tonight – Curry has 268, and he’s made at least two 3-pointers in 65 of his 77 games – but that’s not the most remarkable aspect of Curry’s outside shooting.
Curry is shooting 3-pointers, combining volume and efficiency, better than anyone ever has.
Nobody else in the top 20 of 3-pointers made in a season had a better percentage than Curry’s 45.5. Put another way, Allen shot 7-of-13 from outside the arc on the final day of the 2005-06 season to break the record previously held by Dennis Scott. If Allen had shot the same percentage from outside as Curry is shooting this year, he would’ve broken the record six games earlier.
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 3
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44