Apr 17, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Stephen Curry will likely break Ray Allen’s record for 3-pointers in a season (269) when the Warriors play the Trail Blazers tonight – Curry has 268, and he’s made at least two 3-pointers in 65 of his 77 games – but that’s not the most remarkable aspect of Curry’s outside shooting.
Curry is shooting 3-pointers, combining volume and efficiency, better than anyone ever has.
Nobody else in the top 20 of 3-pointers made in a season had a better percentage than Curry’s 45.5. Put another way, Allen shot 7-of-13 from outside the arc on the final day of the 2005-06 season to break the record previously held by Dennis Scott. If Allen had shot the same percentage from outside as Curry is shooting this year, he would’ve broken the record six games earlier.
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 9
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31