Apr 17, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Stephen Curry will likely break Ray Allen’s record for 3-pointers in a season (269) when the Warriors play the Trail Blazers tonight – Curry has 268, and he’s made at least two 3-pointers in 65 of his 77 games – but that’s not the most remarkable aspect of Curry’s outside shooting.
Curry is shooting 3-pointers, combining volume and efficiency, better than anyone ever has.
Nobody else in the top 20 of 3-pointers made in a season had a better percentage than Curry’s 45.5. Put another way, Allen shot 7-of-13 from outside the arc on the final day of the 2005-06 season to break the record previously held by Dennis Scott. If Allen had shot the same percentage from outside as Curry is shooting this year, he would’ve broken the record six games earlier.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 25
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15