Apr 17, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Stephen Curry will likely break Ray Allen’s record for 3-pointers in a season (269) when the Warriors play the Trail Blazers tonight – Curry has 268, and he’s made at least two 3-pointers in 65 of his 77 games – but that’s not the most remarkable aspect of Curry’s outside shooting.
Curry is shooting 3-pointers, combining volume and efficiency, better than anyone ever has.
Nobody else in the top 20 of 3-pointers made in a season had a better percentage than Curry’s 45.5. Put another way, Allen shot 7-of-13 from outside the arc on the final day of the 2005-06 season to break the record previously held by Dennis Scott. If Allen had shot the same percentage from outside as Curry is shooting this year, he would’ve broken the record six games earlier.
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 0
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 13
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 10
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 38