Apr 17, 2013, 1:35 PM EST
Stephen Curry will likely break Ray Allen’s record for 3-pointers in a season (269) when the Warriors play the Trail Blazers tonight – Curry has 268, and he’s made at least two 3-pointers in 65 of his 77 games – but that’s not the most remarkable aspect of Curry’s outside shooting.
Curry is shooting 3-pointers, combining volume and efficiency, better than anyone ever has.
Nobody else in the top 20 of 3-pointers made in a season had a better percentage than Curry’s 45.5. Put another way, Allen shot 7-of-13 from outside the arc on the final day of the 2005-06 season to break the record previously held by Dennis Scott. If Allen had shot the same percentage from outside as Curry is shooting this year, he would’ve broken the record six games earlier.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29