Apr 17, 2013, 1:31 PM EST
For a few minutes in the final game of the season, the Spurs are going to roll out most of their A-List team and get them a little run.
Manu Ginobili will return to play some limited run for the Spurs Wednesday night when they take on Minnesota in an otherwise meaningless game (the Spurs are locked in as the West’s two seed, the Timberwolves can board a flight to Mexico to start their summer vacations after the game.).
But the Spurs will not play Tracy McGrady. That could be a while.
Gregg Popovich plans to play all his stars a few minutes, tweets Jeff McDonald of the Express-News.
What all this means is that the Spurs are getting healthy for the playoffs — which is very bad news for Warriors, Rockets or Lakers, the three teams that could see them in the first round. The fact is the Spurs level of defense and discipline is likely to overwhelm any of those teams in the first round, those teams only real hope was the Spurs were not right.
As for McGrady, Popovich called him an “insurance policy” and said it may be a little while before he sees the court.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 7
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 9
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9