Apr 17, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
For a few minutes in the final game of the season, the Spurs are going to roll out most of their A-List team and get them a little run.
Manu Ginobili will return to play some limited run for the Spurs Wednesday night when they take on Minnesota in an otherwise meaningless game (the Spurs are locked in as the West’s two seed, the Timberwolves can board a flight to Mexico to start their summer vacations after the game.).
But the Spurs will not play Tracy McGrady. That could be a while.
Gregg Popovich plans to play all his stars a few minutes, tweets Jeff McDonald of the Express-News.
What all this means is that the Spurs are getting healthy for the playoffs — which is very bad news for Warriors, Rockets or Lakers, the three teams that could see them in the first round. The fact is the Spurs level of defense and discipline is likely to overwhelm any of those teams in the first round, those teams only real hope was the Spurs were not right.
As for McGrady, Popovich called him an “insurance policy” and said it may be a little while before he sees the court.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48