Apr 17, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
For a few minutes in the final game of the season, the Spurs are going to roll out most of their A-List team and get them a little run.
Manu Ginobili will return to play some limited run for the Spurs Wednesday night when they take on Minnesota in an otherwise meaningless game (the Spurs are locked in as the West’s two seed, the Timberwolves can board a flight to Mexico to start their summer vacations after the game.).
But the Spurs will not play Tracy McGrady. That could be a while.
Gregg Popovich plans to play all his stars a few minutes, tweets Jeff McDonald of the Express-News.
What all this means is that the Spurs are getting healthy for the playoffs — which is very bad news for Warriors, Rockets or Lakers, the three teams that could see them in the first round. The fact is the Spurs level of defense and discipline is likely to overwhelm any of those teams in the first round, those teams only real hope was the Spurs were not right.
As for McGrady, Popovich called him an “insurance policy” and said it may be a little while before he sees the court.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 0
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 18
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9