Apr 16, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
In the playoffs, there will be situations late in games (or sometimes just late in the shot clock on a regular possession) where you just need a guy to create a shot and make it happen for you.
That is why the Nuggets need a healthy Ty Lawson to be dangerous in the playoffs.
Lawson showed off that skill in a nice play design to beat the Bucks — Lawson inbounded the ball then got it right back and aggressively drove right with Monta Ellis tracking him the whole way. But Lawson pulled up 10 feet from the rim and Ellis kept going, giving Lawson space to set his feet and knock down the little pull-up jumper to get the win.
J.J. Redick got a clean look at a three to win it for the Bucks off a broken play, but the shot hit the back of the rim and clanged off. Nuggets win and with it secure home court in the first round of the playoffs. They will need one more win to lock up the three seed.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 49
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 11
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 30
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33