Apr 16, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
In the playoffs, there will be situations late in games (or sometimes just late in the shot clock on a regular possession) where you just need a guy to create a shot and make it happen for you.
That is why the Nuggets need a healthy Ty Lawson to be dangerous in the playoffs.
Lawson showed off that skill in a nice play design to beat the Bucks — Lawson inbounded the ball then got it right back and aggressively drove right with Monta Ellis tracking him the whole way. But Lawson pulled up 10 feet from the rim and Ellis kept going, giving Lawson space to set his feet and knock down the little pull-up jumper to get the win.
J.J. Redick got a clean look at a three to win it for the Bucks off a broken play, but the shot hit the back of the rim and clanged off. Nuggets win and with it secure home court in the first round of the playoffs. They will need one more win to lock up the three seed.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28