Apr 16, 2013, 8:41 AM EST
In the playoffs, there will be situations late in games (or sometimes just late in the shot clock on a regular possession) where you just need a guy to create a shot and make it happen for you.
That is why the Nuggets need a healthy Ty Lawson to be dangerous in the playoffs.
Lawson showed off that skill in a nice play design to beat the Bucks — Lawson inbounded the ball then got it right back and aggressively drove right with Monta Ellis tracking him the whole way. But Lawson pulled up 10 feet from the rim and Ellis kept going, giving Lawson space to set his feet and knock down the little pull-up jumper to get the win.
J.J. Redick got a clean look at a three to win it for the Bucks off a broken play, but the shot hit the back of the rim and clanged off. Nuggets win and with it secure home court in the first round of the playoffs. They will need one more win to lock up the three seed.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8