Tuesday And-1 links: Dennis Rodman is heading back to North Korea

Apr 16, 2013, 7:50 PM EST

Retired U.S. NBA basketball player Rodman is welcomed by Son, Vice Chairman of North Korea's Olympic Committe, as he arrives in Pyongyang Reuters

Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.

• It’s his life so I pass this along without comment: Dennis Rodman has plans to return to North Korea.

Chris Andersen with a very Birdman quote: ““I just come in, take care of business. Taking care of business is what Birdman does.”

Mike D’Antoni admitted he was wrongPau Gasol and Dwight Howard can play together and succeed. That said, I still think the Lakers trade Gasol this summer, the Lakers need some more roster pieces and he is the one player the Lakers have they are willing to move and has good trade value.

• By the way, there is zero chance the Lakers amnesty Kobe Bryant people. Some of you keep talking about it. Stop. It will not happen. There is a better chance Chumbawamba has another hit.

• The Miami Heat are clearly tempting fate here. From a press release I got Tuesday: “Moet & Chandon – the world’s most iconic Champagne – has just announced its partnership with the hottest team in the NBA, the Miami HEAT. Moët Ice Impérial is now the Official Champagne of White Hot: The 2013 HEAT Playoffs!”

• It’s not a surprise but it is official: Brandon Roy will not play for the Timberwolves this season and will not be back with the team next year.

• Miami’s reserves cared about the game Monday night, Kyrie Irving and the Cavaliers didn’t play like a team that cared at all. Not so subtle lesson there for Kyrie on his way to stardom.

• Here are some interesting regular season grades for all 30 NBA teams from our friends at SI.

• I am leaning Jamal Crawford over J.R. Smith for Sixth Man of the Year (it’s very close), but I’m worried about what that says about me.

Joakim Noah has helped put together a documentary on Lenny Cooke — a one-time can’t miss prospect who is now one of basketball’s legendary what-if stories. Noah and Cook played AAU ball together. The documentary will make its debut at the Tribeca film Festival.

• Speaking of documentaries, tt’s a little early to set your DVRs but in honor of the 30th anniversary of the Philadelphia 76ers’ 1983 title, Julius “Dr. J” Erving will be the focus of a new NBATV documentary, set to air between Games 2 and 3 of The NBA Finals on Monday, June 10, at 9 p.m. ET.

Magic Johnson’s son EJ talks about being gay. A lot of people care about this, apparently.

• Finally, a look back at the best flops this season. Below is Chris Paul, who had the best one of all.

1. Mr. Wright 212 - Apr 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

This is becoming lunacy.

2. Mr. Wright 212 - Apr 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Currently the 2013 NBA top-5 and bottom-5 brand standings are as follows:

Top-5- 2013 2012

1. Miami Heat (#6)

2. San Antonio Spurs (#1)

3. New York Knicks (#10)

4. Boston Celtics (#2)

5. Oklahoma City Thunder/

Brooklyn Nets (#5 and #14)
    ———-

JUST LIKE THIS IS LUNACY.

3. money2long - Apr 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

rodman just wants some authentic korean barbeque this time

• kavika6 - Apr 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Does that involve cats?

4. money2long - Apr 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM

playing well in the playoffs may end up hurting pau’s chances of staying with the lakers because then teams would be wanting that 7 footer more. it hurts to say, but while weighing the options of, pau vs better bench pieces, better bench pieces or pau..hmmm..i really want a better bench for LA. but the way pau has been playing it’ll hurt to pull the trigger. didnt he have a triple double recently ? wasnt his first..dude can ball, and everyone that calls him soft would no doubt take him on their favorite team in a heartbeat !

5. coryfor3 - Apr 17, 2013 at 1:25 AM

There’s a phrase in there that just doesn’t sound good.

6. metalhead65 - Apr 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

good for Rodman. this time do not let him back in when he wants to come back home. let him him live with the common people in n. korea under the same conditions they do because of his nut job friend and ruler.

• michaeljordanseviltwin - Apr 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. North Korea can keep him.

7. 00maltliquor - Apr 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM

What I take away from this….

1) How deliciously ironic would it be if The Worm brought peace to North Korea after a good smoke session and a night out on the town, bar hopping with Kim Jung Un!

2) Chumbawumba had a hit? LOL @ Kurt Helin for that line!

3) @ Mike D’Antoni….Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard can play together and succeed….DUUUUH!!! You big dumb dummy!

4) It IS close, but I’m going J-Crossover over JR Swish on 6th man. Take away Crawford from LAC vs. take away Smith from NYK and I think the bigger loss would be felt by the Clips. Crawford means just a tad bit more then J.R.

• Kurt Helin - Apr 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Chumbawumba had a hit “I get knocked down, then I get up again, you’re never gonna keep me down.” I remember being at a festival concert once when that was a hit, they came on stage and played that first, and my friends and I heard it and said “well, no need to stick around for the rest of this set” and we went to another stage.

• 00maltliquor - Apr 17, 2013 at 8:02 PM

LOL!! Good story! Kind of reminds me of back in the days when Gwen Stefani’s “Holla Back Girl” would play in the club or bar. Uuuggh.

I’m aware of that song, all I was eluding to was that “hit” wasn’t a hit (or at least shouldn’t have been).

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches