Apr 16, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• It’s his life so I pass this along without comment: Dennis Rodman has plans to return to North Korea.
• Chris Andersen with a very Birdman quote: ““I just come in, take care of business. Taking care of business is what Birdman does.”
• Mike D’Antoni admitted he was wrong — Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard can play together and succeed. That said, I still think the Lakers trade Gasol this summer, the Lakers need some more roster pieces and he is the one player the Lakers have they are willing to move and has good trade value.
• By the way, there is zero chance the Lakers amnesty Kobe Bryant people. Some of you keep talking about it. Stop. It will not happen. There is a better chance Chumbawamba has another hit.
• The Miami Heat are clearly tempting fate here. From a press release I got Tuesday: “Moet & Chandon – the world’s most iconic Champagne – has just announced its partnership with the hottest team in the NBA, the Miami HEAT. Moët Ice Impérial is now the Official Champagne of White Hot: The 2013 HEAT Playoffs!”
• Miami’s reserves cared about the game Monday night, Kyrie Irving and the Cavaliers didn’t play like a team that cared at all. Not so subtle lesson there for Kyrie on his way to stardom.
• Here are some interesting regular season grades for all 30 NBA teams from our friends at SI.
• Joakim Noah has helped put together a documentary on Lenny Cooke — a one-time can’t miss prospect who is now one of basketball’s legendary what-if stories. Noah and Cook played AAU ball together. The documentary will make its debut at the Tribeca film Festival.
• Speaking of documentaries, tt’s a little early to set your DVRs but in honor of the 30th anniversary of the Philadelphia 76ers’ 1983 title, Julius “Dr. J” Erving will be the focus of a new NBATV documentary, set to air between Games 2 and 3 of The NBA Finals on Monday, June 10, at 9 p.m. ET.
• Magic Johnson’s son EJ talks about being gay. A lot of people care about this, apparently.
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 24
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1