Apr 15, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
The Knicks started Solomon Jones yesterday. Today, they waived him.
Jones played just two game with New York, but he will go down in Knicks history, according to Adam Reisinger:
Solomon Jones finishes his stint in NY with the worst PER in Knicks history (minimum 15 minutes played): -5.7
Why would the Knicks do this? It wasn’t just for the jokes, although the strange transaction is certainly fodder for those. Al Iannazzone of Newsday:
They’re probably going to try to sign a perimeter player now that their big men are coming back.
As a reminder about the free agent whose play seemingly fits best with the Knicks: Stephen Jackson can’t join New York’s playoff roster.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 25
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 26
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27