Apr 15, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
The Knicks started Solomon Jones yesterday. Today, they waived him.
Jones played just two game with New York, but he will go down in Knicks history, according to Adam Reisinger:
Solomon Jones finishes his stint in NY with the worst PER in Knicks history (minimum 15 minutes played): -5.7
Why would the Knicks do this? It wasn’t just for the jokes, although the strange transaction is certainly fodder for those. Al Iannazzone of Newsday:
They’re probably going to try to sign a perimeter player now that their big men are coming back.
As a reminder about the free agent whose play seemingly fits best with the Knicks: Stephen Jackson can’t join New York’s playoff roster.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13