Apr 15, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
The Knicks started Solomon Jones yesterday. Today, they waived him.
Jones played just two game with New York, but he will go down in Knicks history, according to Adam Reisinger:
Solomon Jones finishes his stint in NY with the worst PER in Knicks history (minimum 15 minutes played): -5.7
Why would the Knicks do this? It wasn’t just for the jokes, although the strange transaction is certainly fodder for those. Al Iannazzone of Newsday:
They’re probably going to try to sign a perimeter player now that their big men are coming back.
As a reminder about the free agent whose play seemingly fits best with the Knicks: Stephen Jackson can’t join New York’s playoff roster.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49