Apr 15, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
The Knicks started Solomon Jones yesterday. Today, they waived him.
Jones played just two game with New York, but he will go down in Knicks history, according to Adam Reisinger:
Solomon Jones finishes his stint in NY with the worst PER in Knicks history (minimum 15 minutes played): -5.7
Why would the Knicks do this? It wasn’t just for the jokes, although the strange transaction is certainly fodder for those. Al Iannazzone of Newsday:
They’re probably going to try to sign a perimeter player now that their big men are coming back.
As a reminder about the free agent whose play seemingly fits best with the Knicks: Stephen Jackson can’t join New York’s playoff roster.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)