Apr 15, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
The Knicks started Solomon Jones yesterday. Today, they waived him.
Jones played just two game with New York, but he will go down in Knicks history, according to Adam Reisinger:
Solomon Jones finishes his stint in NY with the worst PER in Knicks history (minimum 15 minutes played): -5.7
Why would the Knicks do this? It wasn’t just for the jokes, although the strange transaction is certainly fodder for those. Al Iannazzone of Newsday:
They’re probably going to try to sign a perimeter player now that their big men are coming back.
As a reminder about the free agent whose play seemingly fits best with the Knicks: Stephen Jackson can’t join New York’s playoff roster.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15