Apr 15, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
Today on PBT Extra Kay Adams and I talking the big story in the NBA — Kobe Bryant and his torn Achilles injury. We talk about when he could come back and the silly idea that Mike D’Antoni’s playing time is the reason for this. If you think anybody other than Kobe himself was in charge of his playing time lately then you don’t know Kobe and his dynamic with the Lakers.
Then we discuss the more interesting question to me: If Dwight Howard takes the alpha dog role on this team and the Lakers do well, is Kobe willing to cede some of his power when he comes back? Shaq couldn’t do it for Kobe but did it for Dwyane Wade and won a ring. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar did it for Magic Johnson. If Howard steps up can Kobe share that role next season when he does return?
We also talk a little about Nerlens Noel declaring for the draft. It was the right move.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 0
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 21
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 4
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 6
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 39