Apr 15, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Today on PBT Extra Kay Adams and I talking the big story in the NBA — Kobe Bryant and his torn Achilles injury. We talk about when he could come back and the silly idea that Mike D’Antoni’s playing time is the reason for this. If you think anybody other than Kobe himself was in charge of his playing time lately then you don’t know Kobe and his dynamic with the Lakers.
Then we discuss the more interesting question to me: If Dwight Howard takes the alpha dog role on this team and the Lakers do well, is Kobe willing to cede some of his power when he comes back? Shaq couldn’t do it for Kobe but did it for Dwyane Wade and won a ring. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar did it for Magic Johnson. If Howard steps up can Kobe share that role next season when he does return?
We also talk a little about Nerlens Noel declaring for the draft. It was the right move.
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 0
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 56
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36