Apr 15, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
Today on PBT Extra Kay Adams and I talking the big story in the NBA — Kobe Bryant and his torn Achilles injury. We talk about when he could come back and the silly idea that Mike D’Antoni’s playing time is the reason for this. If you think anybody other than Kobe himself was in charge of his playing time lately then you don’t know Kobe and his dynamic with the Lakers.
Then we discuss the more interesting question to me: If Dwight Howard takes the alpha dog role on this team and the Lakers do well, is Kobe willing to cede some of his power when he comes back? Shaq couldn’t do it for Kobe but did it for Dwyane Wade and won a ring. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar did it for Magic Johnson. If Howard steps up can Kobe share that role next season when he does return?
We also talk a little about Nerlens Noel declaring for the draft. It was the right move.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 32
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 30
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10