Apr 15, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Today on PBT Extra Kay Adams and I talking the big story in the NBA — Kobe Bryant and his torn Achilles injury. We talk about when he could come back and the silly idea that Mike D’Antoni’s playing time is the reason for this. If you think anybody other than Kobe himself was in charge of his playing time lately then you don’t know Kobe and his dynamic with the Lakers.
Then we discuss the more interesting question to me: If Dwight Howard takes the alpha dog role on this team and the Lakers do well, is Kobe willing to cede some of his power when he comes back? Shaq couldn’t do it for Kobe but did it for Dwyane Wade and won a ring. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar did it for Magic Johnson. If Howard steps up can Kobe share that role next season when he does return?
We also talk a little about Nerlens Noel declaring for the draft. It was the right move.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 39
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13