Apr 15, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
This is simply the right thing to do.
The NBA has cancelled the Indiana Pacers visit to the TD Garden in Boston scheduled for Tuesday night in the wake of the terrible tragedy Monday at the Boston Marathon.
The game will not be replayed at a later date. This game will not impact the final standings in the East — the Celtics are locked in as the seven seed (and will face the Knicks in the first round). The Pacers are locked in as the three seed (they will face either the Bulls or Hawks).
Bombs set off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon Monday killed two people — one an eight-year-old — and more than 100 people have been injured.
The thoughts of all of us at PBT are with the people of Boston and those who know people hurt in this horrific tragedy.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 12
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8