Apr 15, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
This is simply the right thing to do.
The NBA has cancelled the Indiana Pacers visit to the TD Garden in Boston scheduled for Tuesday night in the wake of the terrible tragedy Monday at the Boston Marathon.
The game will not be replayed at a later date. This game will not impact the final standings in the East — the Celtics are locked in as the seven seed (and will face the Knicks in the first round). The Pacers are locked in as the three seed (they will face either the Bulls or Hawks).
Bombs set off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon Monday killed two people — one an eight-year-old — and more than 100 people have been injured.
The thoughts of all of us at PBT are with the people of Boston and those who know people hurt in this horrific tragedy.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 10
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 7
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 15
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26