Apr 15, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
This is simply the right thing to do.
The NBA has cancelled the Indiana Pacers visit to the TD Garden in Boston scheduled for Tuesday night in the wake of the terrible tragedy Monday at the Boston Marathon.
The game will not be replayed at a later date. This game will not impact the final standings in the East — the Celtics are locked in as the seven seed (and will face the Knicks in the first round). The Pacers are locked in as the three seed (they will face either the Bulls or Hawks).
Bombs set off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon Monday killed two people — one an eight-year-old — and more than 100 people have been injured.
The thoughts of all of us at PBT are with the people of Boston and those who know people hurt in this horrific tragedy.
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 0
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 7
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 35
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6