Apr 15, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
This is simply the right thing to do.
The NBA has cancelled the Indiana Pacers visit to the TD Garden in Boston scheduled for Tuesday night in the wake of the terrible tragedy Monday at the Boston Marathon.
The game will not be replayed at a later date. This game will not impact the final standings in the East — the Celtics are locked in as the seven seed (and will face the Knicks in the first round). The Pacers are locked in as the three seed (they will face either the Bulls or Hawks).
Bombs set off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon Monday killed two people — one an eight-year-old — and more than 100 people have been injured.
The thoughts of all of us at PBT are with the people of Boston and those who know people hurt in this horrific tragedy.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38