Apr 15, 2013, 8:35 PM EST
This is simply the right thing to do.
The NBA has cancelled the Indiana Pacers visit to the TD Garden in Boston scheduled for Tuesday night in the wake of the terrible tragedy Monday at the Boston Marathon.
The game will not be replayed at a later date. This game will not impact the final standings in the East — the Celtics are locked in as the seven seed (and will face the Knicks in the first round). The Pacers are locked in as the three seed (they will face either the Bulls or Hawks).
Bombs set off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon Monday killed two people — one an eight-year-old — and more than 100 people have been injured.
The thoughts of all of us at PBT are with the people of Boston and those who know people hurt in this horrific tragedy.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 3
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13