Apr 15, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
Back in February some Dallas Mavericks started growing beards — they were not going to shave until they got to .500.
Finally, they got their Sunday night with a win in New Orleans — and it didn’t take a minute in the locker room for Dirk Nowitzki to pull out the razor and get that thing off his face. Which is good, it was getting a little unkept. It was no James Harden beard.
A few other Mavericks got to pick up the clippers, as well. Although the look kind of just worked on Chris Kaman. The big beard fits his personality.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49