Apr 15, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
Sunday some things got settled — the Knicks locked themselves in the two seed in the East, for example — and now with 11 games on the slate for Monday night a few more things will get settled.
So here’s a rundown of what to watch for Monday night (all times listed are Eastern).
Jazz at Timberwolves (8 p.m.): It’s very simple for the Jazz — win and you’re still alive. Lose and the Lakers get the final playoff spot. (If Utah wins they would still need to beat Memphis Wednesday and hope the Lakers lose to the Rockets. But first things first.)
Nuggets at Bucks, Grizzlies at Mavericks (both 8:00 p.m.): If Denver wins they will have home court advantage in the first round (where they are 37-3 this season). A Memphis loss also means Denver is home in the first round. A Denver win puts pressure on the Clippers to win Tuesday or Denver locks into the three seed (meaning Clippers/Grizzlies in the first round). Memphis is currently the five seed and is tied with the Clippers (the four seed), but Los Angeles has the tiebreaker. If Memphis wants home court in the first round they need wins.
Kings at Thunder (8:00 p.m.), Spurs at Warriors (10:00 p.m.): A Thunder win or a Spurs loss and the Thunder will be the top seed in the West (OKC’s magic number is one).
Rockets at Suns (10:00 p.m.): Houston controls its own destiny — win this game and against the Lakers Wednesday and they are the six seed. If Houston wins and Golden State loses to the Spurs the Rockets lock up the six seed tonight.
Bulls at Magic (7:00 p.m.): The Bulls are the six seed and with a win can move within half a game of the five-seed Hawks. The Bulls have the tiebreak with the Hawks so if they can catch them they would get Brooklyn in the first round instead of Indiana.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14