Apr 15, 2013, 12:49 PM EDT
Sunday some things got settled — the Knicks locked themselves in the two seed in the East, for example — and now with 11 games on the slate for Monday night a few more things will get settled.
So here’s a rundown of what to watch for Monday night (all times listed are Eastern).
Jazz at Timberwolves (8 p.m.): It’s very simple for the Jazz — win and you’re still alive. Lose and the Lakers get the final playoff spot. (If Utah wins they would still need to beat Memphis Wednesday and hope the Lakers lose to the Rockets. But first things first.)
Nuggets at Bucks, Grizzlies at Mavericks (both 8:00 p.m.): If Denver wins they will have home court advantage in the first round (where they are 37-3 this season). A Memphis loss also means Denver is home in the first round. A Denver win puts pressure on the Clippers to win Tuesday or Denver locks into the three seed (meaning Clippers/Grizzlies in the first round). Memphis is currently the five seed and is tied with the Clippers (the four seed), but Los Angeles has the tiebreaker. If Memphis wants home court in the first round they need wins.
Kings at Thunder (8:00 p.m.), Spurs at Warriors (10:00 p.m.): A Thunder win or a Spurs loss and the Thunder will be the top seed in the West (OKC’s magic number is one).
Rockets at Suns (10:00 p.m.): Houston controls its own destiny — win this game and against the Lakers Wednesday and they are the six seed. If Houston wins and Golden State loses to the Spurs the Rockets lock up the six seed tonight.
Bulls at Magic (7:00 p.m.): The Bulls are the six seed and with a win can move within half a game of the five-seed Hawks. The Bulls have the tiebreak with the Hawks so if they can catch them they would get Brooklyn in the first round instead of Indiana.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11