Apr 15, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Maryland center Alex Len will declare for the NBA Draft, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
Teams often favor height in the draft, because the tall players who develop are incredibly valuable, and it’s difficult to acquire them via free agency or trade. But because teams favor height, tall players are more likely to become busts.
Len, a sophomore, is listed at 255 pounds, but he appears lankier than that. He found success in college thanks to a relatively advanced skill set, but in the NBA, he’ll have to show more than just a finesse game. It’s reasonable to hope Len will play tougher as his body develops, but that’s what any team that drafts Len will be doing: hoping.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14