Apr 15, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Maryland center Alex Len will declare for the NBA Draft, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
Teams often favor height in the draft, because the tall players who develop are incredibly valuable, and it’s difficult to acquire them via free agency or trade. But because teams favor height, tall players are more likely to become busts.
Len, a sophomore, is listed at 255 pounds, but he appears lankier than that. He found success in college thanks to a relatively advanced skill set, but in the NBA, he’ll have to show more than just a finesse game. It’s reasonable to hope Len will play tougher as his body develops, but that’s what any team that drafts Len will be doing: hoping.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5