Apr 15, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Maryland center Alex Len will declare for the NBA Draft, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
Teams often favor height in the draft, because the tall players who develop are incredibly valuable, and it’s difficult to acquire them via free agency or trade. But because teams favor height, tall players are more likely to become busts.
Len, a sophomore, is listed at 255 pounds, but he appears lankier than that. He found success in college thanks to a relatively advanced skill set, but in the NBA, he’ll have to show more than just a finesse game. It’s reasonable to hope Len will play tougher as his body develops, but that’s what any team that drafts Len will be doing: hoping.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20