Apr 15, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Maryland center Alex Len will declare for the NBA Draft, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
Teams often favor height in the draft, because the tall players who develop are incredibly valuable, and it’s difficult to acquire them via free agency or trade. But because teams favor height, tall players are more likely to become busts.
Len, a sophomore, is listed at 255 pounds, but he appears lankier than that. He found success in college thanks to a relatively advanced skill set, but in the NBA, he’ll have to show more than just a finesse game. It’s reasonable to hope Len will play tougher as his body develops, but that’s what any team that drafts Len will be doing: hoping.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 6
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 13
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5