Apr 14, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
Michigan point guard Trey Burke considered turning pro last season. After returning to school, he was the best player in college basketball and led Michigan to the national-championship game.
So, it should be no surprise he declared for the NBA Draft this time.
Burke said he heard he might be picked in the top 15, and if that’s the baseline for his decision, he should be very happy come draft night. I’d be surprised if he’s not top 10, and with the right combine numbers – Burke at 6-foot, and he doesn’t appear to be an elite athlete – he could even land in the top five.
Few run the pick-and-roll as well as he does, considering his ability to make pinpoint passes and shoot from all over the court. His size causes some concerns, especially defensively, but he’s developed a knack for using his anticipation skills to get steals, somewhat negating his defensive shortcomings.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EST
Shaw was an assistant coach in Indiana before landing the head coaching spot in Denver.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
Good news for OKC.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:38 PM EST
Nuggets are 20-39 this season.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
Barnes isn’t wrong that the punishment for him doing something like this would have been much more severe.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Clippers have a reputation with the referees, which likely was why Redick was tossed for seemingly innocuous comments.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:10 AM EST
Mar 3, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
KG played for Doc Rivers on the Celtics’ 2008 title team, but wasn’t willing to take any grief from his son.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:50 AM EST
Warriors had plenty of fans show up in Brooklyn.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:10 AM EST
Suns-Heat was all kinds of physical.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
That had 10 times the punches of an NBA “fight.”
Mar 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Ricky Rubio got the triple-double, CP3 will take the win.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:55 AM EST
Goran Dragic would have sat out with back pain against anyone else, but he dropped 21 on the Suns.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:14 AM EST
Zach LaVine can get up. But you already knew that.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
The Warriors fell to 46-12.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Griffin has missed the Clippers’ last 10 games.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Whiteside grabbed Len by the legs.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
Hamilton had no chance.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:00 PM EST
Yes, you read that right.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:15 PM EST
Teletovic is also out for the season.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
We’ll see about that.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 5
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 14
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36