Apr 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
It’s an obscure topic for sketch comedy in 2013, considering that the broadcast partnership between the NBA and NBC ended in 2002. But it turned out to be gold once executed by the cast of Saturday Night Live.
SNL takes us back to 1990, and gives us an idea of what the initial meeting between John Tesh (and his brother Dave) and the suits at NBC might have been like as they pitched the now iconic theme song, Roundball Rock.
As with all good bits, this one goes in an unexpected (and hilariously absurd) direction.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 6
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12