Apr 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s an obscure topic for sketch comedy in 2013, considering that the broadcast partnership between the NBA and NBC ended in 2002. But it turned out to be gold once executed by the cast of Saturday Night Live.
SNL takes us back to 1990, and gives us an idea of what the initial meeting between John Tesh (and his brother Dave) and the suits at NBC might have been like as they pitched the now iconic theme song, Roundball Rock.
As with all good bits, this one goes in an unexpected (and hilariously absurd) direction.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 2
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8