Apr 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s an obscure topic for sketch comedy in 2013, considering that the broadcast partnership between the NBA and NBC ended in 2002. But it turned out to be gold once executed by the cast of Saturday Night Live.
SNL takes us back to 1990, and gives us an idea of what the initial meeting between John Tesh (and his brother Dave) and the suits at NBC might have been like as they pitched the now iconic theme song, Roundball Rock.
As with all good bits, this one goes in an unexpected (and hilariously absurd) direction.
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 1
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24