Apr 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s an obscure topic for sketch comedy in 2013, considering that the broadcast partnership between the NBA and NBC ended in 2002. But it turned out to be gold once executed by the cast of Saturday Night Live.
SNL takes us back to 1990, and gives us an idea of what the initial meeting between John Tesh (and his brother Dave) and the suits at NBC might have been like as they pitched the now iconic theme song, Roundball Rock.
As with all good bits, this one goes in an unexpected (and hilariously absurd) direction.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 2
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 3
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4