Apr 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s an obscure topic for sketch comedy in 2013, considering that the broadcast partnership between the NBA and NBC ended in 2002. But it turned out to be gold once executed by the cast of Saturday Night Live.
SNL takes us back to 1990, and gives us an idea of what the initial meeting between John Tesh (and his brother Dave) and the suits at NBC might have been like as they pitched the now iconic theme song, Roundball Rock.
As with all good bits, this one goes in an unexpected (and hilariously absurd) direction.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15