Apr 14, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Less than three minutes into the Nuggets’ win over the Blazers on Sunday, another one of Denver’s starters had to be carried off the floor after suffering what appeared to be a serious injury.
As seen in the video clip above, Kenneth Faried rolled his ankle on an attempt to elevate towards the basket, thanks to stepping on the foot of Will Barton along the way. Faried remained down for several minutes, before he was carried off the floor by two of his teammates.
X-rays were negative, and the Nuggets said that Faried will be listed as day-to-day. An MRI is scheduled for Monday to further assess the extent of the damage.
Denver will in all likelihood finish with the three seed in the Western Conference playoffs, which will get them a first round date with either Houston or Golden State.
Faried has been the only member of the Nuggets to start all 80 games, and has averaged 11.7 points, 9.3 rebounds, a steal, an assist, and a blocked shot in 28.4 minutes per game this season.
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 0
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 4
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40