Apr 14, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Less than three minutes into the Nuggets’ win over the Blazers on Sunday, another one of Denver’s starters had to be carried off the floor after suffering what appeared to be a serious injury.
As seen in the video clip above, Kenneth Faried rolled his ankle on an attempt to elevate towards the basket, thanks to stepping on the foot of Will Barton along the way. Faried remained down for several minutes, before he was carried off the floor by two of his teammates.
X-rays were negative, and the Nuggets said that Faried will be listed as day-to-day. An MRI is scheduled for Monday to further assess the extent of the damage.
Denver will in all likelihood finish with the three seed in the Western Conference playoffs, which will get them a first round date with either Houston or Golden State.
Faried has been the only member of the Nuggets to start all 80 games, and has averaged 11.7 points, 9.3 rebounds, a steal, an assist, and a blocked shot in 28.4 minutes per game this season.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17