Apr 14, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Less than three minutes into the Nuggets’ win over the Blazers on Sunday, another one of Denver’s starters had to be carried off the floor after suffering what appeared to be a serious injury.
As seen in the video clip above, Kenneth Faried rolled his ankle on an attempt to elevate towards the basket, thanks to stepping on the foot of Will Barton along the way. Faried remained down for several minutes, before he was carried off the floor by two of his teammates.
X-rays were negative, and the Nuggets said that Faried will be listed as day-to-day. An MRI is scheduled for Monday to further assess the extent of the damage.
Denver will in all likelihood finish with the three seed in the Western Conference playoffs, which will get them a first round date with either Houston or Golden State.
Faried has been the only member of the Nuggets to start all 80 games, and has averaged 11.7 points, 9.3 rebounds, a steal, an assist, and a blocked shot in 28.4 minutes per game this season.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 0
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 40
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 5
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10