Apr 14, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Less than three minutes into the Nuggets’ win over the Blazers on Sunday, another one of Denver’s starters had to be carried off the floor after suffering what appeared to be a serious injury.
As seen in the video clip above, Kenneth Faried rolled his ankle on an attempt to elevate towards the basket, thanks to stepping on the foot of Will Barton along the way. Faried remained down for several minutes, before he was carried off the floor by two of his teammates.
X-rays were negative, and the Nuggets said that Faried will be listed as day-to-day. An MRI is scheduled for Monday to further assess the extent of the damage.
Denver will in all likelihood finish with the three seed in the Western Conference playoffs, which will get them a first round date with either Houston or Golden State.
Faried has been the only member of the Nuggets to start all 80 games, and has averaged 11.7 points, 9.3 rebounds, a steal, an assist, and a blocked shot in 28.4 minutes per game this season.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 9
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8