Apr 14, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Less than three minutes into the Nuggets’ win over the Blazers on Sunday, another one of Denver’s starters had to be carried off the floor after suffering what appeared to be a serious injury.
As seen in the video clip above, Kenneth Faried rolled his ankle on an attempt to elevate towards the basket, thanks to stepping on the foot of Will Barton along the way. Faried remained down for several minutes, before he was carried off the floor by two of his teammates.
X-rays were negative, and the Nuggets said that Faried will be listed as day-to-day. An MRI is scheduled for Monday to further assess the extent of the damage.
Denver will in all likelihood finish with the three seed in the Western Conference playoffs, which will get them a first round date with either Houston or Golden State.
Faried has been the only member of the Nuggets to start all 80 games, and has averaged 11.7 points, 9.3 rebounds, a steal, an assist, and a blocked shot in 28.4 minutes per game this season.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 39
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4