Apr 14, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Jarrett Jack has been fined $25,000 for “verbal abuse of a game official,” the league announced on Sunday via official release.
The incident occurred at the end of the Warriors’ close loss to the Lakers on Friday, the same game in which Kobe Bryant went down with a torn Achilles injury that ended his season.
The Warriors (and the majority of their fans) felt that the officiating was out of control in the Lakers’ favor in this one. The numbers, at least on the surface, back up the assertion when you consider that Golden State was whistled for 33 personal fouls to just 17 that were called on the Lakers.
L.A. shot a whopping 50 free throws in the game, while the Warriors attempted only 16.
There’s a lot that goes into fouls being called and free throw attempts, of course, and the team that attacks the basket more than it does shoot long jumpers on a given night is likely to come up on the positive end of those numbers.
No matter what happens from an officiating standpoint, however, a player can’t simply run up to a referee after the game is finished and unload on him based on the frustrations of the previous 48 minutes.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23