Apr 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
The Elite series features lighter and stronger materials, along with some design tweaks that are most noticeable in the KD V Elite, which goes from a high to a low version for the postseason.
From the official release:
“With the playoffs promising gold, Nike Basketball unveils the Nike ELITE Series 2.0+ to celebrate the players’ achievements in the final stretch to ultimate victory.
“The gold-accented LEBRON X PS ELITE+, and KD V ELITE+ incorporate the most innovative materials and design techniques. The signature footwear draw inspiration from the championship trophy and feature lightweight construction, enhanced fit and dynamic protection.
“The design of Nike ELITE Series 2.0+ reflects the moment that matters most to every elite athlete – the run for the championship. The elegant white and black colorways feature a gold Swoosh design and other gold details that vary from shoe to shoe, including athlete logos, gold-flecked Kevlar® aramid laces, gold-threaded Flywire technology and speckled outsoles.”
LeBron and Durant will see their versions drop on April 20, while fans of Kobe Bryant‘s Elites will have to wait until June 1 to pick up a pair of his.
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 1
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 13
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 19
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36