Apr 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
The Elite series features lighter and stronger materials, along with some design tweaks that are most noticeable in the KD V Elite, which goes from a high to a low version for the postseason.
From the official release:
“With the playoffs promising gold, Nike Basketball unveils the Nike ELITE Series 2.0+ to celebrate the players’ achievements in the final stretch to ultimate victory.
“The gold-accented LEBRON X PS ELITE+, and KD V ELITE+ incorporate the most innovative materials and design techniques. The signature footwear draw inspiration from the championship trophy and feature lightweight construction, enhanced fit and dynamic protection.
“The design of Nike ELITE Series 2.0+ reflects the moment that matters most to every elite athlete – the run for the championship. The elegant white and black colorways feature a gold Swoosh design and other gold details that vary from shoe to shoe, including athlete logos, gold-flecked Kevlar® aramid laces, gold-threaded Flywire technology and speckled outsoles.”
LeBron and Durant will see their versions drop on April 20, while fans of Kobe Bryant‘s Elites will have to wait until June 1 to pick up a pair of his.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10