Apr 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
The Elite series features lighter and stronger materials, along with some design tweaks that are most noticeable in the KD V Elite, which goes from a high to a low version for the postseason.
From the official release:
“With the playoffs promising gold, Nike Basketball unveils the Nike ELITE Series 2.0+ to celebrate the players’ achievements in the final stretch to ultimate victory.
“The gold-accented LEBRON X PS ELITE+, and KD V ELITE+ incorporate the most innovative materials and design techniques. The signature footwear draw inspiration from the championship trophy and feature lightweight construction, enhanced fit and dynamic protection.
“The design of Nike ELITE Series 2.0+ reflects the moment that matters most to every elite athlete – the run for the championship. The elegant white and black colorways feature a gold Swoosh design and other gold details that vary from shoe to shoe, including athlete logos, gold-flecked Kevlar® aramid laces, gold-threaded Flywire technology and speckled outsoles.”
LeBron and Durant will see their versions drop on April 20, while fans of Kobe Bryant‘s Elites will have to wait until June 1 to pick up a pair of his.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48