Apr 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
The Elite series features lighter and stronger materials, along with some design tweaks that are most noticeable in the KD V Elite, which goes from a high to a low version for the postseason.
From the official release:
“With the playoffs promising gold, Nike Basketball unveils the Nike ELITE Series 2.0+ to celebrate the players’ achievements in the final stretch to ultimate victory.
“The gold-accented LEBRON X PS ELITE+, and KD V ELITE+ incorporate the most innovative materials and design techniques. The signature footwear draw inspiration from the championship trophy and feature lightweight construction, enhanced fit and dynamic protection.
“The design of Nike ELITE Series 2.0+ reflects the moment that matters most to every elite athlete – the run for the championship. The elegant white and black colorways feature a gold Swoosh design and other gold details that vary from shoe to shoe, including athlete logos, gold-flecked Kevlar® aramid laces, gold-threaded Flywire technology and speckled outsoles.”
LeBron and Durant will see their versions drop on April 20, while fans of Kobe Bryant‘s Elites will have to wait until June 1 to pick up a pair of his.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 2
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8