LeBron, Kobe, Durant get Elite versions of their signature shoes

Apr 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT

GROUP_SHOT_18933

For the second straight season, Nike Basketball is rolling out premium versions of its signature shoes for LeBron James and Kevin Durant.

The Elite series features lighter and stronger materials, along with some design tweaks that are most noticeable in the KD V Elite, which goes from a high to a low version for the postseason.

From the official release:

“With the playoffs promising gold, Nike Basketball unveils the Nike ELITE Series 2.0+ to celebrate the players’ achievements in the final stretch to ultimate victory.

“The gold-accented LEBRON X PS ELITE+, and KD V ELITE+ incorporate the most innovative materials and design techniques. The signature footwear draw inspiration from the championship trophy and feature lightweight construction, enhanced fit and dynamic protection.

“The design of Nike ELITE Series 2.0+ reflects the moment that matters most to every elite athlete – the run for the championship. The elegant white and black colorways feature a gold Swoosh design and other gold details that vary from shoe to shoe, including athlete logos, gold-flecked Kevlar® aramid laces, gold-threaded Flywire technology and speckled outsoles.”

LeBron and Durant will see their versions drop on April 20, while fans of Kobe Bryant‘s Elites will have to wait until June 1 to pick up a pair of his.

Nike Basketball Elite 2.0slideshow
  1. dondada10 - Apr 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Here’s a picture of the sneakers Kobe is going to wear in the playoffs. I’ll embed the pic:

Too soon?

2. beagle11 - Apr 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I balled in last years elites for a good 7 months before I wore them out. Ugly as sin (as are these), but quite simply the best basketball sneakers I have ever owned. Gonna buy 2 pairs so I have them until next years come out!

3. beagle11 - Apr 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM

At second glance, The KDs and Mambas aren’t so bad, but an old man like me can’t be risking limb with a pair of low-mid tops

4. titansbro - Apr 13, 2013 at 12:26 PM

This is the modern NBA, where the shoes that the players are wearing is actually considered news-worthy. Thanks Stern.

5. deiong - Apr 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM

how many different ne shoes for these three do they have to come out with every season. whats the tally so far 4???? good old nike…. why not one style for season 1 style for playoffs. that should suffice..

6. barbeaux - Apr 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I swear the shoe companies are releasing a billion different shoe designs a day

7. badintent - Apr 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM

LIGHTWEIGHT CONSTRUCTION. does not give your foot great protection. or support pure garbage. Wear this crap , tear up your knees or ankles. But you’ll look great in the mall wearing them.

• beagle11 - Apr 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM

You’ve obviously never worn a Nike Elite.. There is seriously nothing like it

• badintent - Apr 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM

NoNike for my size 13. Nike is curved last, I wear Rebook, straight last , shoe shape is everything. But I hope the Nikes work for you

8. fraudguy - Apr 13, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I would expect to see this post in the side web ads.

What are impacts of NBA's new TV deal?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches