Apr 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We don’t think of Kobe Bryant as being vulnerable to season-ending injuries, considering his will to win and the amount of minutes he’s demanded to play down the stretch of the regular season. But after suffering a likely torn Achilles on Friday against the Warriors, he’s likely done for whatever remains of this Lakers season.
Bryant spoke with the media in the Lakers’ locker room afterward, and was clearly emotional while discussing both the injury and his future.
It’s worth watching the video clip above in its entirety, in order to get a sense of just how much the injury will affect Bryant personally as he discusses the recovery process that will get him ready for the final stages of his NBA career, which likely won’t be able to take place until the middle of next season.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 8
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3