Apr 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We don’t think of Kobe Bryant as being vulnerable to season-ending injuries, considering his will to win and the amount of minutes he’s demanded to play down the stretch of the regular season. But after suffering a likely torn Achilles on Friday against the Warriors, he’s likely done for whatever remains of this Lakers season.
Bryant spoke with the media in the Lakers’ locker room afterward, and was clearly emotional while discussing both the injury and his future.
It’s worth watching the video clip above in its entirety, in order to get a sense of just how much the injury will affect Bryant personally as he discusses the recovery process that will get him ready for the final stages of his NBA career, which likely won’t be able to take place until the middle of next season.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 26
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 34
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7