Apr 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
We don’t think of Kobe Bryant as being vulnerable to season-ending injuries, considering his will to win and the amount of minutes he’s demanded to play down the stretch of the regular season. But after suffering a likely torn Achilles on Friday against the Warriors, he’s likely done for whatever remains of this Lakers season.
Bryant spoke with the media in the Lakers’ locker room afterward, and was clearly emotional while discussing both the injury and his future.
It’s worth watching the video clip above in its entirety, in order to get a sense of just how much the injury will affect Bryant personally as he discusses the recovery process that will get him ready for the final stages of his NBA career, which likely won’t be able to take place until the middle of next season.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 2
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 6
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8