Apr 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We don’t think of Kobe Bryant as being vulnerable to season-ending injuries, considering his will to win and the amount of minutes he’s demanded to play down the stretch of the regular season. But after suffering a likely torn Achilles on Friday against the Warriors, he’s likely done for whatever remains of this Lakers season.
Bryant spoke with the media in the Lakers’ locker room afterward, and was clearly emotional while discussing both the injury and his future.
It’s worth watching the video clip above in its entirety, in order to get a sense of just how much the injury will affect Bryant personally as he discusses the recovery process that will get him ready for the final stages of his NBA career, which likely won’t be able to take place until the middle of next season.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4