Apr 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We don’t think of Kobe Bryant as being vulnerable to season-ending injuries, considering his will to win and the amount of minutes he’s demanded to play down the stretch of the regular season. But after suffering a likely torn Achilles on Friday against the Warriors, he’s likely done for whatever remains of this Lakers season.
Bryant spoke with the media in the Lakers’ locker room afterward, and was clearly emotional while discussing both the injury and his future.
It’s worth watching the video clip above in its entirety, in order to get a sense of just how much the injury will affect Bryant personally as he discusses the recovery process that will get him ready for the final stages of his NBA career, which likely won’t be able to take place until the middle of next season.
- Memphis’ defense, discipline propel them past Thunder in overtime lead series 2-1 0
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 13
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 49
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 11