Apr 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Rip Hamilton has been suspended one game for “throwing an elbow and making contact with the face of” DeMar DeRozan during Chicago’s loss in Toronto on Friday, according to an official release.
The incident, which can be seen in the video clip above, occurred with 5:33 remaining in the third quarter. Hamilton received a flagrant-two foul at the time and was ejected for his actions.
Hamilton will serve the suspension on Sunday, when the Bulls face the Miami Heat in a nationally televised contest.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 17
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 30
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85