Apr 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Rip Hamilton has been suspended one game for “throwing an elbow and making contact with the face of” DeMar DeRozan during Chicago’s loss in Toronto on Friday, according to an official release.
The incident, which can be seen in the video clip above, occurred with 5:33 remaining in the third quarter. Hamilton received a flagrant-two foul at the time and was ejected for his actions.
Hamilton will serve the suspension on Sunday, when the Bulls face the Miami Heat in a nationally televised contest.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32