Apr 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Rip Hamilton has been suspended one game for “throwing an elbow and making contact with the face of” DeMar DeRozan during Chicago’s loss in Toronto on Friday, according to an official release.
The incident, which can be seen in the video clip above, occurred with 5:33 remaining in the third quarter. Hamilton received a flagrant-two foul at the time and was ejected for his actions.
Hamilton will serve the suspension on Sunday, when the Bulls face the Miami Heat in a nationally televised contest.
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 1
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 18
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 11
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)