Apr 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Rip Hamilton has been suspended one game for “throwing an elbow and making contact with the face of” DeMar DeRozan during Chicago’s loss in Toronto on Friday, according to an official release.
The incident, which can be seen in the video clip above, occurred with 5:33 remaining in the third quarter. Hamilton received a flagrant-two foul at the time and was ejected for his actions.
Hamilton will serve the suspension on Sunday, when the Bulls face the Miami Heat in a nationally televised contest.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13