Apr 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Rip Hamilton has been suspended one game for “throwing an elbow and making contact with the face of” DeMar DeRozan during Chicago’s loss in Toronto on Friday, according to an official release.
The incident, which can be seen in the video clip above, occurred with 5:33 remaining in the third quarter. Hamilton received a flagrant-two foul at the time and was ejected for his actions.
Hamilton will serve the suspension on Sunday, when the Bulls face the Miami Heat in a nationally televised contest.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5