Apr 12, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss last night’s games, which included the Bulls snapping the Knicks’ 13-game winning streak.
We discuss the Bulls’ playoff chances, and wonder whether or not they can win a series against a first round opponent that will be either Brooklyn or Indiana.
Speaking of the Bulls, we touch on the recent report that Derrick Rose won’t be making it back at all this season, and discuss whether the team might have been able to handle things differently to alleviate some of the stress surrounding the situation.
We discuss the Warriors’ loss to the Thunder, and how Golden State may fare themselves once the playoffs get started.
It’s not a podcast without a weekly Lakers update, so we break down the rest of the schedule that both L.A. and Utah face over each team’s final three games. The Jazz have an easier go of it on paper, but the way Kobe Bryant is playing, it’s tough to envision the Lakers not securing that final playoff spot in the West.
All that, plus a discussion on the trend of teams resting their star players down the stretch. There probably isn’t anything the league can do about it realistically, and we think that’s just fine.
We now have an embedded player where you can listen blow, but we still have the old school link to the file which you can click on to listen to in a browser window, or right-click to download and save for later consumption.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 4
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4