Apr 12, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
I thought he was supposed to be the nicest player in the NBA?
But Kevin Durant has been fined $25,000 by the league $25,000 for making a menacing gesture, it was announced by Stu Jackson, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.
It came on a play you may remember from the second quarter, with 1:45 on the clock Stephen Curry slipped by Russell Westbrook and drove the lane, but Westbrook recovered and made a huge block that ignited a fast break the other way.
Durant finished it with a dunk, and as he did gave a little stare to a nearby official and clapped a couple times going up court. At least that’s what I saw when I watched the play on a wide shot, but apparently he made a throat slashing gesture.
It was about as menacing as a Will Smith rap, but that gesture will get you fined.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 20
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80