Apr 12, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
I thought he was supposed to be the nicest player in the NBA?
But Kevin Durant has been fined $25,000 by the league $25,000 for making a menacing gesture, it was announced by Stu Jackson, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.
It came on a play you may remember from the second quarter, with 1:45 on the clock Stephen Curry slipped by Russell Westbrook and drove the lane, but Westbrook recovered and made a huge block that ignited a fast break the other way.
Durant finished it with a dunk, and as he did gave a little stare to a nearby official and clapped a couple times going up court. At least that’s what I saw when I watched the play on a wide shot, but apparently he made a throat slashing gesture.
It was about as menacing as a Will Smith rap, but that gesture will get you fined.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 0
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 55
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10