Apr 12, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
I thought he was supposed to be the nicest player in the NBA?
But Kevin Durant has been fined $25,000 by the league $25,000 for making a menacing gesture, it was announced by Stu Jackson, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.
It came on a play you may remember from the second quarter, with 1:45 on the clock Stephen Curry slipped by Russell Westbrook and drove the lane, but Westbrook recovered and made a huge block that ignited a fast break the other way.
Durant finished it with a dunk, and as he did gave a little stare to a nearby official and clapped a couple times going up court. At least that’s what I saw when I watched the play on a wide shot, but apparently he made a throat slashing gesture.
It was about as menacing as a Will Smith rap, but that gesture will get you fined.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 0
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 12
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36