Apr 12, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
I thought he was supposed to be the nicest player in the NBA?
But Kevin Durant has been fined $25,000 by the league $25,000 for making a menacing gesture, it was announced by Stu Jackson, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.
It came on a play you may remember from the second quarter, with 1:45 on the clock Stephen Curry slipped by Russell Westbrook and drove the lane, but Westbrook recovered and made a huge block that ignited a fast break the other way.
Durant finished it with a dunk, and as he did gave a little stare to a nearby official and clapped a couple times going up court. At least that’s what I saw when I watched the play on a wide shot, but apparently he made a throat slashing gesture.
It was about as menacing as a Will Smith rap, but that gesture will get you fined.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 4
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 6
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 39
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5