Apr 12, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
I thought he was supposed to be the nicest player in the NBA?
But Kevin Durant has been fined $25,000 by the league $25,000 for making a menacing gesture, it was announced by Stu Jackson, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.
It came on a play you may remember from the second quarter, with 1:45 on the clock Stephen Curry slipped by Russell Westbrook and drove the lane, but Westbrook recovered and made a huge block that ignited a fast break the other way.
Durant finished it with a dunk, and as he did gave a little stare to a nearby official and clapped a couple times going up court. At least that’s what I saw when I watched the play on a wide shot, but apparently he made a throat slashing gesture.
It was about as menacing as a Will Smith rap, but that gesture will get you fined.
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 2
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 3
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 58
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 67
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31