Apr 12, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
Welcome to NBA basketball the final week of the regular season.
The Miami Heat are going to throw their big three out on the court Friday night for the first time in a couple weeks — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh will all play against the Celtics, coach Eric Spoelstra told the media, including Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
All of which means… nothing really. At this point teams know who they are. They’ve developed their habits on the court. They have their systems down. Unless you are the Lakers or Jazz, there is no reason guys shouldn’t get a little rest. Although nobody will call it rest because David Stern fined the Spurs for resting guys this season, so the Celtics two stars are out injured with left ankle issues. Ones that would be miraculously fine if this were the playoffs.
Winderman adds this note about the Heat the rest of the way.
If that. The Heat have the advantage of the Bucks in the first round of the playoffs, so that’s like four more tune-up games.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19