Apr 12, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
Welcome to NBA basketball the final week of the regular season.
The Miami Heat are going to throw their big three out on the court Friday night for the first time in a couple weeks — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh will all play against the Celtics, coach Eric Spoelstra told the media, including Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
All of which means… nothing really. At this point teams know who they are. They’ve developed their habits on the court. They have their systems down. Unless you are the Lakers or Jazz, there is no reason guys shouldn’t get a little rest. Although nobody will call it rest because David Stern fined the Spurs for resting guys this season, so the Celtics two stars are out injured with left ankle issues. Ones that would be miraculously fine if this were the playoffs.
Winderman adds this note about the Heat the rest of the way.
If that. The Heat have the advantage of the Bucks in the first round of the playoffs, so that’s like four more tune-up games.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 11
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13