Apr 12, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
Welcome to NBA basketball the final week of the regular season.
The Miami Heat are going to throw their big three out on the court Friday night for the first time in a couple weeks — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh will all play against the Celtics, coach Eric Spoelstra told the media, including Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
All of which means… nothing really. At this point teams know who they are. They’ve developed their habits on the court. They have their systems down. Unless you are the Lakers or Jazz, there is no reason guys shouldn’t get a little rest. Although nobody will call it rest because David Stern fined the Spurs for resting guys this season, so the Celtics two stars are out injured with left ankle issues. Ones that would be miraculously fine if this were the playoffs.
Winderman adds this note about the Heat the rest of the way.
If that. The Heat have the advantage of the Bucks in the first round of the playoffs, so that’s like four more tune-up games.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10