Apr 12, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
Welcome to NBA basketball the final week of the regular season.
The Miami Heat are going to throw their big three out on the court Friday night for the first time in a couple weeks — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh will all play against the Celtics, coach Eric Spoelstra told the media, including Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
All of which means… nothing really. At this point teams know who they are. They’ve developed their habits on the court. They have their systems down. Unless you are the Lakers or Jazz, there is no reason guys shouldn’t get a little rest. Although nobody will call it rest because David Stern fined the Spurs for resting guys this season, so the Celtics two stars are out injured with left ankle issues. Ones that would be miraculously fine if this were the playoffs.
Winderman adds this note about the Heat the rest of the way.
If that. The Heat have the advantage of the Bucks in the first round of the playoffs, so that’s like four more tune-up games.
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 0
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 46
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 55
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 27
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 19
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 54
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3