PBT Extra: Should the Heat rest players? And Lakers or Jazz?

Apr 11, 2013, 8:11 PM EST

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!

Today on PBT Extra, the topic of the day is should the Heat be resting players late in the season? Or any other team for that matter? I don’t have a problem with it, but frankly even if you do there is no good enforcement mechanism as teams will just feign injuries (which they are doing already after David Stern fined the Spurs this season for resting their big three).

Other topics Kay Adams and I discuss: Can anyone catch LeBron James in the MVP race? What happens to Doug Collins? And do I pick the Lakers or the Jazz?

1. zacksdad - Apr 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Nice, last 30 seconds are paused. We will now never know what Kurt thinks of Kobe.

• WatchThis - Apr 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Definitely the Heat should be resting. At this point, for them, real basketball begins at playoff time.

2. lakerade - Apr 11, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I wish these were longer, any way to work in all the writers that contribute here for more back and forth? It’s interesting and entertaining to see how your guys’ sports allegiances affect the tone of your respective posts, maybe that would play well on the podcast? Either way, appreciate all the content, looking forward to the playoff coverage! (I agree, Kurt, they’ll make it in. Disagree on what happens after)

• Kurt Helin - Apr 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM

There is more back and forth on the podcast and we may add to that. PBT Extra is pretty much going to remain in this format for a while.

3. 13arod - Apr 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM

lakers

4. mungman69 - Apr 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Doug Collins should quit. That pile of garbage in Philly that he was handed is a joke. Fire that GM. Paying Andrew Bynam those millions should be against the law. It will take years for the Sixers to make the playoffs.

5. mungman69 - Apr 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM

And yes, the Heat SHOULD rest their players. You play to win the title, you don’t play to win meaningless games. I feel bad for the fans but that’s too bad.

6. mungman69 - Apr 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM

LaBron will win the MVP. Ain’t nobody in his class.

• cantonbound13 - Apr 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM

The best player doesn’t always win the Most Valuable Player award. Jordan would have won it every year if that was the case. The Heat without LeBron are still a playoff team. Take Melo off the Knicks and they’re a lottery team. I think Melo is more valuable to his team than LeBron, just my opinion. The best all around player is LeBron.

7. mungman69 - Apr 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I think that the Lakers are better than the Jazz. When will Kobe run out of gas?

8. jets4gold - Apr 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM

first, they or any team should still play their starters but only 10 or 15 minutes. second, I’m so tired of hearing about James. Melo has played well and I think will and should win the MVP

• jaydm84 - Apr 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM

There is literally no circumstance hat hold have Melo winning MVP over Lebron, if Lebron doesn’t receive all 120 votes its voter bias.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches