Apr 11, 2013, 8:50 AM EST
Over the years the Rose Garden has been a tough place for the Lakers and for Kobe Bryant.
But Wednesday night the Lakers needed a win to keep their playoff dreams going and so Kobe exorcised those Portland demons and dropped 47 on the Trail Blazers, playing a full 48 minutes and getting his points in every possible way it seemed — deep threes, driving layups and pull-up midrange jumpers. But maybe his best play of the night was a block. Kobe played with an aggressive energy all night.
Above see his highlights from the night.
With the win, the Lakers are one game ahead of Utah for the last playoff spot in the West with three games to play. The Lakers are at home for those three and control their own destiny, but must play Golden State, San Antonio and Houston. Utah’s last three are a home-and-home against Minnesota, then they close against Memphis.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 16
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 30
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 30
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25