Apr 11, 2013, 8:50 AM EDT
Over the years the Rose Garden has been a tough place for the Lakers and for Kobe Bryant.
But Wednesday night the Lakers needed a win to keep their playoff dreams going and so Kobe exorcised those Portland demons and dropped 47 on the Trail Blazers, playing a full 48 minutes and getting his points in every possible way it seemed — deep threes, driving layups and pull-up midrange jumpers. But maybe his best play of the night was a block. Kobe played with an aggressive energy all night.
Above see his highlights from the night.
With the win, the Lakers are one game ahead of Utah for the last playoff spot in the West with three games to play. The Lakers are at home for those three and control their own destiny, but must play Golden State, San Antonio and Houston. Utah’s last three are a home-and-home against Minnesota, then they close against Memphis.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 16
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14