Apr 11, 2013, 8:50 AM EST
Over the years the Rose Garden has been a tough place for the Lakers and for Kobe Bryant.
But Wednesday night the Lakers needed a win to keep their playoff dreams going and so Kobe exorcised those Portland demons and dropped 47 on the Trail Blazers, playing a full 48 minutes and getting his points in every possible way it seemed — deep threes, driving layups and pull-up midrange jumpers. But maybe his best play of the night was a block. Kobe played with an aggressive energy all night.
Above see his highlights from the night.
With the win, the Lakers are one game ahead of Utah for the last playoff spot in the West with three games to play. The Lakers are at home for those three and control their own destiny, but must play Golden State, San Antonio and Houston. Utah’s last three are a home-and-home against Minnesota, then they close against Memphis.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 4
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 4
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6