Apr 11, 2013, 9:17 PM EST
Jordan Hill underwent what was deemed season-ending surgery in January, but if the Lakers advance deep enough in the playoffs, Hill might return this year. Dave McMenamin of ESPN:
Hill will begin running with 70 percent of his body weight, according to the team. He will gradually increase the weight on the treadmill, barring any setbacks, and be cleared for full weight-bearing running and jumping exercises once he reaches 100 percent.
The team estimates it would take another 3-4 weeks of on-court basketball drills before Hill will be able to resume playing in games.
Hill, who averaged 6.7 points and 5.7 rebounds in 15.8 minutes per game, was having his best season when he injured his hip. He’s especially valuable to the Lakers, who lack a quality backup center behind Dwight Howard, as illustrated by the team’s numbers when Howard was on the bench:
- Before Hill’s injury: +4.4 points per 100 possessions
- After Hill’s injury: –4.9 points per 100 possessions
The Lakers will probably need to rely heavily on Howard to advance far enough that Hill can return, but if that somehow happens, they can safely give Howard a little more rest.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
I’m impressed… and a little jealous.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:59 PM EST
This has been an issue throughout his career.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
He will be back before the trade deadline, not that he’s that easy to move.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Anthony was forced out of Monday’s game against the Rockets with back spasms.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Pierce loves his fans — especially those from his days with the Celtics.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Can you blame him?
Nov 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Steve Nash also posts a message.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
As a first-year NBA head coach, Blatt will face plenty of scrutiny as Cleveland underachieves.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Lopez was benched for the entire fourth quarter in the team’s latest loss.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Stoudemire gets creative in taking a shot at the officiating.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:40 AM EST
Nov 25, 2014, 9:05 AM EST
Dallas gives up 111 points to a team playing without Roy Hibbert.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:35 AM EST
Not knowing about it and it not being about the Suns retaining Goran are two different things.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Harden has played better defense this season, but check out this play.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:16 AM EST
Another “beautiful” bit of defense by James Harden.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:05 AM EST
Really, DeAndre Jordan trips CP3.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Anthony didn’t speak to the media after the game.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Scott Brooks says Durant and Westbrook have returned to practice.
Nov 24, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
The Raptors pulled out the win against the Suns.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The move was first reported Sunday.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 10
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 17
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 19