Apr 11, 2013, 3:22 PM EDT
With his play in the last month, John Wall is gaining a measure of redemption for a rough first couple seasons in the NBA — he is starting to look like the player everyone expected.
But he has some other redemption to get as well — like for the first time he threw out a pitch at a Nationals game. The video is above, the throw bounces halfway to home plate.
Thursday night Wall is throwing out the pitch again, and this time he’s practiced, reports CSNWashington.com.
Wall practiced his throwing motion with teammates after a light practice Thursday morning.
“I’m just going to lob it,” Wall said of his goal his second time around. “Simple.”
Find the open man — the one with the big mitt — and hit him with the rock. Simple.
But for humor’s sake, I hope it looks a lot like last time’s.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18